Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

What can I get to help me connect with my inner mind better, I can't activate photoread material, I can't see any images with genius code. What paraliminal tapes would help me best, also, I am considering getting High Performance Mind by Anna Wise, anyone out there have any experience with it. It sounds like it would help me.

Administrator
Administrator

Firstly Bryan you have a good connection with your inner mind.

If you feel that you not getting connections work with your dreams. If you are not recording your dreams yet start doing that. Unless you are prepared to start noticing stuff like that you won't find a fast fix.

Activation of your photoreading material comes from looking for answers to the questions you formed by superreading and dipping the text during your activation passes. Spontaneous activation comes as a bonus once you've done enough manual activation and the mind gets the idea of what you want from it.

I have Anna Wise' CD can't say I like them. One of the most powerful visualisation learning tapes I've ever come across was Dynamic visulisation by Gearld Seavy a Silva Method instructor. The concept of the tape is simple you could make a similar one yourself. Go through images of fruit see yourself looking at them ... imaging that you are seeing them with your inner mind.

Eg a watermelon. In you minds eye notice the colour of the flesh... watch it slowly rotate in the space in front of you. Now in your minds eye take a sharp knife and cut it. Which way did you cut it? Now notice the flesh... smell it how does it smell... what colours does it have do you notice the seeds? Any of them still white? Touch the red meat... feel the soft bursting feeling of the delicate flesh?... notice the moisture... now take the knife again and cut a chunk... sink your teeth into it feel the texture of the fruit in your mouth ... how does it feel?... did you bite any seeds... how rough or smooth do those seeds feel? How did the watermelon taste?

By the way is your mouth watering now or were you gagging cause you dislike watermelon? Either way you just saw/experienced images from your inner mind... cause there isn't a watermelon in front of you its a computer screen and those images were only formed by words typed on a screen. More over when you can gain meaning from these words, which are only symbols, you are already using your inner mind to inform you what they mean to you.

Whenever you see a picture (magazine, newspaper. on the web book covers etc) practice looking at it for a moment then closing your eyes and see what you can remember about the picture... When you read a novel that describes a scene.. close your eyes for a moment and see the scene as best you can. When you listen to any hypnotic tapes or Cd's they usually ask you to visualise scenes. Think about your quiet place from time to time... add more detail to what you see there.

Practising with any of the above will kick start your image streams. Then keep image streaming daily... don't just go for visuals... you might notice more from feeling... hearing or taste... if thats the case use your strenghts and build from there... sound stream to start... notice what your hearing and the look to see if you can see the source of the sound... you might get a sensation then go with that... follow it and ask your self if I knew what it would look like... what would it look like?... you might hear the answer in a word but the image is still there too, usually for a fleeting moment but it stays longer with practice.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 06, 2002).]

Are you the Bryan from Yale???

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:
What can I get to help me connect with my inner mind better, I can't activate photoread material, I can't see any images with genius code. What paraliminal tapes would help me best, also, I am considering getting High Performance Mind by Anna Wise, anyone out there have any experience with it. It sounds like it would help me.

Hi Bryan,

Perhaps I can help with the "not seeing images" thing.

First of all, _everyone_ sees images, except perhaps for folks who were born visually impaired.

The real determining factor is, how fast do you get the info you need from the image? Some people are so adept at getting the info they aren't consciously aware of the fact that they are seeing images. That was my case - and, in fact, we are the lucky ones because that means we _already_ have a very strong connection to the other-than-conscious mind! Our OTC mind is so efficient at getting the info, we are never even are aware we're using it! Isn't that great?

So, what can you do to slow down the images? I have a bag of tricks, some of which aren't appropriate (this is a family board, after all ).

Right before you start these, try getting into the Flow State, just like for PhotoReading, and asking your OTC mind something like, "I wonder how easily my other-than-conscious mind can present these images for conscious inspection." Or something like that. Just a statement of purpose, posed as an open-ended question.

Let's work at this in 3 stages...any one of which might get results without the others:

1. Take a piece of white paper and with a very black magic marker, draw a big white dot. Hang that up on the wall, step back a couple of paces and then stare it for few moments. Then, either close your eyes or turn away from it (yes, you _can_ visualize with your eyes open, and in fact that is a better method for some folks) and imagine that dark, black spot on that bright white paper. If you don't get it right away, repeat it a couple of times, then move on.

2. Take your black dot and imagine that it is a ball (eyes open or closed). Imagine it in 3 dimensions, with light shining off of it. Then, imagine holding it in your hand...cup your hand and feel the weight as it rests there...lightly throw it up a couple of times and feel it smacking your palm...does it make a hollow sound or solid? Bring it up to your nose and smell the ball...does it smell like rubber? Wood?

3. Imagine a movie of some sort. Something easy like driving your car, riding your bike, jogging in the morning, etc. Let the movie play in real time and make it last a minute or two...make it realistic and slowly change the scenery...make the trees pink and the road bright blue...etc.

The theory behind all of this is:

-- We want to train your OTC mind to slow down the images so that you can look at them in more detail.

-- Adding senses other than sight helps "anchor" the image in your mind.

-- Adding motion inherently slows the images down, because they have to run for a while for you to get all the info.

-- By adding creative elements, you OTC mind can't use any shortcuts to get you the info.

Post here how much success you have. If you work through these a couple of times, I think you'll really notice a difference.

Mike

Win Wenger says that he has never had anyone who was not able to visualize after doing the 24 exercises in the "Think Visually" booklet that came with your course. Do them.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved