Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29447 07/09/02 04:59 PM
OP Offline

Alot of people post about not being able to get into the parallel vision of photofocus, so I came up with a little practice.

I always bring a water bottle to class with me, just a quirk. So, today during class I had it up on my desk and was watching the teacher lecture (zzzz le-snore) and I realized that I was getting a photofocus look at my bottle (sitting on my desk)

Here is what ya do. Take a water bottle or something else that is free standing like that. Put the bottle slightly to the side of your face (so you dont look stupid and people dont give you strange looks), then, just photofocus the bottle.

What about keeping the focus while turning pages? well, I wouldn't do this in public, but just kinda pass your hand or a sheet of paper in front of your bottle. That is it.

Ahhh, serendipity.

#29448 07/13/02 04:03 AM

One exercise that i have been doing that seems to help is to look at the stars at night. Because stars are sufficiently far away, your eyes adjust to an "infinite" focus -- essentially what you need for Photofocus. While looking at a star, just concentrate on how your muscles feel, what your gaze feels like, etc and then try to recreate that feeling later.

What also works well is to simply close your eye lids and relax your eyes. This also will set them in a "neutral" state. When you open your eyes, pay close attention to the muscles around them -- you will actually feel your eyes focusing. The trick is to try to suppress that urge when you are trying to enter Photofocus (this takes a LOT of practice).

#29449 07/14/02 04:07 AM
x Offline

I've had to practice PF for a while because I'm myopic.

What I do is, I write a | | shape on a window, then I practice training my eyesight at the surface of the glass, then right through it at objects at various distances from 20 feet, to 100 feet, to a block away, to the horizon. The further I cast my eyes away, the more the shape on the mirror goes into PhotoFocus and the | | turns into | ||. That's how I know I got it. I do this as many times as I can quickly so I know how my eyes feel going directly into PhotoFocus.

It's still hard because training eyes that far is hard for nearsighted people; it's stressful to stare but without staring you don't see the object clearly. But sometimes my eyes tear, then it pops right in clear as a bell, and the PF is right there.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved