Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#29578 07/15/02 02:51 PM
WGC3RD Offline OP
OP Offline

Am I the only one, or do any of you have trouble sleeping after PR a book? I am in the process of learning Spanish using the EasyLearn tapes. The manual suggests PRing the manual and a Spanish/English dictionary each day. I am doing that, but - WOW! My mind just races for hours through the night. I sleep fitfully, with Spanish words and phrases running through my head. I am sure that this is a good thing (it proves something is happening) but I have to get to work in the morning! Any suggestions?

#29579 07/15/02 04:17 PM

Wow, that's great! I'm studying French right now and I WANT that to happen to me. While it may be a problem for someone who has to go to a real job the next morning, I have to go to French class instead.

Could you share with us your specific technique and procedures that led to such fitful nights? I've been photoreading French dictionaries and books for a while now, but aside from a few dreams I've had nothing come close to what you've experienced.
thanks.

#29580 07/15/02 04:28 PM
WGC3RD Offline OP
OP Offline

A common phrase here in the South is "Well, are you braggin' or complainin'?" I know that this is a good thing as far as my learning goes, but I would like to calm it down during the night. Specifically, I have been listening to one of the adventures on the tape in "listening mode." Then I go through it again reading along with the manual. Then I answer the questions in the margin and read the other things. Every day I try to PR the manual as well as a Spanish/English dictionary (Prepare, PR only). This sets off the sleepless nights. Maybe if I did it in the morning...This has happened when PRing other books as well. My next plan with the language is to review the chapters and write/mind map the spanish words using colored pencils. But at this rate, I'm scared of what might happen!

#29581 07/16/02 02:59 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Your experiencing activation of the books. Since it means that the information is being processed by your inner mind you are noticing something positive happening. If you want to have a little less intensity from your photoreading sessions allow some more time between photoreading and sleep. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Listen to a paraliminal for some goal you want to achieve, my choice prosperity, perfect health, (avoid memory supercharger, personal genius immediately following a photoreading session if you want to downplay the active dreams and use those tapes if you do want active dream sessions.) Do something that creates a clear cut off point between your photoreading session and sleep. Do something different before going to bed if you just photoread the text.

If you happen to find yourself dreaming about the book then go with the flow. It is actually benefical to rapid learning. Let go of the anxiety and enjoy it. From what you say it is happening at the point just before you drift off to a sound sleep. In which case you want a technique to quieten the mind. Use the deep relaxation paraliminal if you have it otherwise count sheep. Count backward from 100 to 1 it bores the mind to sleep and it will probably still try to turn it's attention toward the activation you will need to return to counting, however that is the fastest method of getting to sleep.

Ideally if you want a quieter night avoid photoreading in the 2 hours before you go to bed. You'll can still get activation dreams but they are more likely to occure in the dream state rather than just the point before you drift off to sleep.

Alex

#29582 07/17/02 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WGC3RD:
A common phrase here in the South is "Well, are you braggin' or complainin'?"

Uhm. . .it is?

That happens to all beginners, and in some cases, many advanced PhotoReaders. I used to have that happen to me on my first five or six books or so.

AlexK is right, just go with the flow. One piece of advice from the PR book is that in the gap between Step 4, and Step 3 commonly known as 'incubation time,' you need to get your mind off of the subject of the book for a while. Try doing something else that doesn't involve too much mental work(not a need, but. . .mental work sure is work!) Watch t.v., listen to music, play some video games, go to the batting cages, take a dip in the pool, relax in the hot tub, or just plain breathe. Concentrate on these things, and the brain talk will retreat to your inner mind.

#29583 07/17/02 09:18 PM

I had that happen to me w/ the German tapes. An NLP practice would be to just slow the words down mentally to the point of dropping off to sleep. By the time you get to the end of a phrase, you'll be sound asleep If you are seeing images, then slow the images down to the point of dropping off to sleep.

Make up an affirmation of your choice to speak to your condition. Eg., I value learning Spanish and accept a wonderful sleep during the night.

#29584 07/18/02 01:50 AM

WGC3RD,, Are you in the process of learning Spanish? I have learned Spanish in a month with Pring.

Mi gramatica no es muy buena pero llo si aprendi Espanol con Pring,, Y si me lo crees eres un soverano tarado. Pring es una perdedera de tiempo, mejor trata otro tipo de cursos.

Suerte Amigo,,,

#29585 07/19/02 10:16 PM
WGC3RD Offline OP
OP Offline

Gino -

Yes, I am learning Spanish with PRing as well as the EasyLearn tapes. How have you done it? I have been PRing the dictionary and the manual that came with the tapes. It's only been a couple of weeks... pero no apprendo todos. Es facil!

#29586 07/20/02 01:37 AM

I need to learn Spanish.

#29587 07/21/02 02:44 AM

How far are you from the border? I'll bet you that with a bottle of Tequila and a week to spare, you will learn Spanish. O aun mejor buscate una espanola que este bien buena y bas ha ver como te flue el castellano y hasta con acento espanol.
quote:
Originally posted by youngprer:
I need to learn Spanish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved