Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
abc123 Offline OP
OP Offline

Is there a way to help us stop Procrastinating, lol, because i seem to be addicted to the habit! Any advice?

Administrator
Administrator

The paraliminal Get Around to It will help there.

It also helps if you can identify why you are procastinating.

Fear? Failure? Fear of succeeding and setting a standard that you feel you would have to maintain>

Have you overwhelmed yourself. Made the task seem to big, too difficult or too dirty.

Or are you trying to avoid discomfort? Eg pain and sweat associated with exercising.

If you can honestly say why you are procastinating on something then you can usually find the tools and resources to overcome the problem.

Alex

this is my reason for being a procrastonator.. cant be stuffed doing it.

Ill tell you why you procrastinate..... tomorow.

I only realised recently that I suffer from this. I guess all the photoreading and paraliminals I've been doing recently have brought it to my conscious mind.

Haven't yet pinpointed why I do it, but have realised that it's causing me a lot of problems. I'm a freelance writer and have some urgent jobs on but find myself avoiding the work, even when it's pretty simple. (I used to do it with assignments at university too).

Ordered the Automatic Pilot paraliminal and have had some success with it. I find side B too confusing for now, but have just listened to side A before sleeping at night (turning off before the count up), whilst thinking about the precise task I have to do for the next day - and I have found myself, the next day, getting on with the task in hand with a new energy.

There are quite a few threads discussing procrastination on the Paraliminal Learning board. Many people say the Get Around To It paraliminal is even more effective. Do a search on 'procrastination' on the Paraliminal Learning board and see what you find.

Good luck!

ulysses. UK.

abc123 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks all for the advice

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved