Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29645 10/27/03 07:42 PM

Well I usually don't write on these things...but have been following ..

I have both RG and PR and like both..both very different..and valuable..I don't know why one must be all superior ? Like men and women
They each have there merits... and style

Honestly - I like RG a bit better as it seems more natural..PR has much better support and an Organization worldwide..thats great! and its more structured than RG.

Subliminal Dynamics was a very distant 3rd...seemed very impractical.

I recently met Ed Strachar/Reading Genius at a seminar in NYC in June /03. and asked him about his supposed ripping off of Subliminal Dynamics and PhotoReading...

He is quite an intense guy.. and when you he looked at me..its almost like he saw through me...with genuine sincerity..and a peace/aura about him that is very noticable..

He said he never attended either of them and looked me straight in the eye Without a blink,. but he said he attended an Evelyn Wood Seminar while he was in College... that was it for his advanced reading training.

He said said any commonality is 99% happenstance ..he said as an inventor ..he never wants to see what others do first as it can distort the creative process..

He does have a lot of Respect for PR and Paul S. ... and told me so..He said he felt Paul's heart was in the right place and his style contrasts his significantly. Nothing more or less. No bashing. I liked that.

At the seminar he showed short films ..he has trained people to read beyond any world record in less than a day..and they were interviewed - kids, old folks, biz people...Quite a tall claim.. but after meeting him..and seeing the film I believe him...you could feel his exuberant energy from the back of the room.. and then when he got deep and talked about how the biggest problem in America is loneliness and quoted Mother Theresa...and showed people how to tune into their hearts and connect..the whole room got real quiet.. then we did an exercise to connect ..it was eye opening to say the least...

Ed explained that the real key to reading was inner peace and the key to inner peace was love ! Sounds far out but when you hear it from him and feel it ! you get it..I did and so did the 300 people there..he got a standing Ovation !..

That doesn't happen with con men..Not in my experience...

He demonstrated healing, tuning the mind and body, clairvoyance as he "read" people as they came up to him afterwards... and joked.."reading is not limited to books" ! Some people were brought to tears including a Nun who was there who kept endorsing what he was saying..I almost thought it was a setup..and then went to talk with her and she said she never met him before that day either..

One guy about 25 or so, came up and asked him a private question that he was clearly embarassed about.....Ed held this guy's hand in between his two hands and did a "read" and the guy nearly fell over...stunned in amazement...

I went over too him later and asked what happened ..he wouldn't say but did say that guy (Ed S) was amazing...

So don't get me wrong...The RG program is not everything...but it is significant as is PhotoReading... There are are other people out there with other ways..

Some of you are bashing it seems without really knowing...? and that serves nobody who may be helped by learning other ways ..don't you think ?

#29646 10/28/03 11:44 PM

Well, as Pete said - if you like Reading Genius better, then fantastic.

Myself, I don't like Reading Genius, nor do I like Ed's interpretation of PR. I mean, come on.

"Founder Paul Sheele's style is such that it can sometimes conflict with people who want pragmatic results and straight forward answers without having to get into abstract terms like "connect with your subconscious... by closing your eyes and relaxing and see yourself learn faster while listening to low budget spacy music!"

Simple and straightforward it is not. The use of music, mind mapping and brain states shows the developers of the system understand accelerated learning to a certain degree but something is lost in the delivery and implementation." - http://www.reading-genius.com/comparison.php

You wanna tell me that that ISN'T BASHING PhotoReading? PAH-LEASE!

Dana said that Crazy Eddy attended a PR seminar.

So, that creates one of two options...

This guy's soothing aura and everything is true, and Dana is mistaken, OR...

HE IS LYING HIS @#%t OFF!

But ya know, that's just my opinion.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

#29647 10/29/03 10:36 AM

Hey, youngprer, I'm getting more and more fascinated with Reading Genius with all this talk about it! I tried the speed reading tests on the site and I didn't do well at all on them. Perhaps RG is just what I need?

What do you think?

#29648 10/29/03 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Learninator:
Hey, youngprer, I'm getting more and more fascinated with Reading Genius with all this talk about it! I tried the speed reading tests on the site and I didn't do well at all on them. Perhaps RG is just what I need?

What do you think?

Maybe, how much have you worked with PR?

I did great on their speed reading tests, getting around 3220WPM on some of them, which, may be a little weird, because most of their selections are about accelerative learning and what not. I have a decently well tuned knowledge base of that subject, so that might have made things easier during the short little activation. I scored 100% comprehension.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

#29649 10/30/03 05:57 AM

Well Youngprer..seems like Dana needs to come up with some proof doesn't it..

Though i willing to wager she is the one who is "beyond the truth"

Who is willing to take that bet ? and Dana..if you are reading this..show us the proof behind your statement !

#29650 10/31/03 05:07 PM

It would seem to me - especially because in the story where we hear about Paul Scheele before he started PhotoReading - he was already able to speedread at about 5000 wpm. That is pretty much smokin' by most standards. Because there is a reading aspect to the PR process - the skim and dip part, it would seem that the best of both worlds would be a PR primer backed up by a great speed reading "skim and dip". Better yet - use PhotoReading and then speedread the whole book. That would be a speedy way to definitely "activate" the material.

#29651 12/18/03 05:08 PM

Well..it seems Dana and/or anyone else has provided any proof that Ed Strachar has attended a PR course...time to stop the boloney and focus on whats real..

As well Youngprer..i clicked on that link and there is a pretty accurate and intelligent article. It may be an updated one of what you referred to but it seems quite accurate to me..

I think there is a need for more intelligence and less bashing on this subject..at least from those who know...

#29652 12/19/03 08:44 PM

Reading Genius seems very interesting. If I fail to learn Photoreading when I try it again, I could try RG. Since the techniques are different, maybe it will work for me if PR doesn't.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved