Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#29668 07/17/02 02:26 AM
OP Offline

I have been working with the system for about a year now and over the past 6 months or so I have been previewing and photoreading only. I have been doing this on 5 books a day 5 days a week and I still cant get the comprehension I am looking for when doing this. I am wondering if anyone has been able to successfully preview and photoread only and be able to get about 70% comprehension of the material? If anyone can do this I would be very interested in hearing how long it took and how you achieved this.

Do you think PhRing is only previewing and PhRing? Do you expect to have 70% from just those 2 steps?

I really wish they'd get rid of that commercial; it's very misleading. Pete does PhRing for a living.

So what is your level of comprehension from just previewing and photoreading?

"Uh. . .dude. . . .like. . . .I can PhotoRead. . . .haha. . . .like. . . .dude. . . ."

There are tons of people on this board who are successful with the system. Me included. It took me around 2 months to get the concepts down with the book and a tad bit of coaching.

-youngprer

OP Offline

I have been successful using the system with all steps included and I get appx. 85-90% comprehension, but I wanted to try and take it to the next level and try to just preview and PR. So far I havent had much success as my comprehension has been appx. 35-40% but I would like to get to 70%. So I was wondering if anyone has been able to do this so that I can get some information from them on how they did and how long it took to be successful doing it.

Tangeman....here is the way to get the results you want:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000899.html

Please keep us posted with all your results.

Good luck!

OP Offline

Thanks for the help. I will begin working on doing that a couple times a week.

t-man, i would also start listening to Memory Supercharger every day. Just listen once, but do it every day.

Memory exercises will help along w/ visualization exercises.

Intuition training will also help. A poster, mgrego, mentioned Marcia Emery. I bought her Intuition Workbook from half.com and it's terrific. It's the best i've read for intuitive problem solving...by far. Her setup is simple and very effective and can be used very quickly.

good luck

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
Marcia Emery. I bought her Intuition Workbook from half.com and it's terrific. It's the best i've read for intuitive problem solving...by far. Her setup is simple and very effective and can be used very quickly.

Hi Margaret,

I'm glad that book is working out for you. Unfortunately, the Laura Day I ordered from Half.com never arrived. It was MIA.

However, the Silva book for managers that AlexK mentioned did arrive and it is quite good. I've had some results with the night-time programming that were almost spooky...

Thanks for pointing me toward the Silva stuff (and thanks to AlexK for that specific recommendation).

The New Psycho-Cybernetics, edited by Dan Kennedy has some great information that overlaps/supplements the Silva stuff. The recorded version is very well done.

mgrego , where have you been!!!!

I want to thank you for half.com and for Emery. I think her workbook is the best i've read. Her whole concept of intuitive problem solving is terrific. Thanks so much

Yes, Silva is tops in my book. I continue to be amazed at programming. I can't imagine not going to level 3 times a day. I'll check out Kennedy right now. Take care, my friend

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved