Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29744 07/21/02 07:14 PM
OP Offline

Greetings from Oklahoma! It's wonderful to see all the posts who PR the Bible. Remember folks, PhotoReading the Bible doesn't give you all the spiritual insights, such as parables. If you believe the Word of God is infalliable and our only inerrant guide, then let me mention what John wrote, "John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." Note, "teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." I implore you followers of Christ to consider allowing the Holy Spirit to teach you all things and bring all things to your rememberance that you need. Please don't take me wrong. PhotoReading is an awesome and incredible discovery. But don't use it in the place of learning the words of God. Why? Because no human mind can fathom the mysteries (hidden truth) of God's Word, unless he reveals them to you. Think about that. The Bible is not an ordinary book. In a sense, it is a book for all humanity to know about God and how to live.

God’s Word straightway charges the repentant, born-again saint to not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world. When a person repents, the pattern of their life should change. Their thinking should change. Their total life should be switched from self to pleasing God. Their total outlook should be changed from the world’s way of thinking to God’s way of thinking.

It is written, Ro 12:2-AND BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD. (Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world-NIV) BUT BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, THAT YE MAY PROVE (or be able to test) WHAT IS THAT GOOD, AND ACCEPTABLE (or pleasing), AND PERFECT, WILL OF GOD.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

-Logan C. Edens

#29745 07/22/02 10:27 PM

good post, and since you know that we should read the bible to find the truth, then your a seventh-day worshipper, arent you? for some reason, i think the answer is no. thats a shame, that someone so devoted could read things so wrong. how about you tell me why you keep sunday(unless im mistaken) so i can see your reasons.

#29746 07/22/02 11:12 PM

"and on the 8th day, God made Duct Tape. He saw what it could do, and the idea stuck."

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited July 22, 2002).]

#29747 07/23/02 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
good post, and since you know that we should read the bible to find the truth, then your a seventh-day worshipper, arent you? for some reason, i think the answer is no. thats a shame, that someone so devoted could read things so wrong. how about you tell me why you keep sunday(unless im mistaken) so i can see your reasons.

Hi,
Im not loganedens1985, but I would like to try and answer your question. The reason that we worship on Sunday is because Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday (after 3 days),
and so,we worship on the first day of the week (Sunday).

#29748 07/23/02 05:07 AM

Just my $.02

I don't understand why you won't get spiritual insights from PRing. Just because it isn't the normal way of reading, doesn't mean you don't get the spiritual insight.

"no human mind can fathom the mysteries (hidden truth) of God's Word, unless he reveals them to you."

Why can't God reveal the meaning when you Photoread? I just don't understand the reasoning behind this argument. I think he's saying, "Unless you read it word for word, you won't get it," which just isn't true. Heck, out of almost all the books I know, the Bible is definately one where the 10% rule applies...in the book of Genesis, do you really need to know who begat who? Not really, not if you're in it for the moral instruction, and even if you did want to know who begat who, just change your stated purpose and family tree/mindmap that sucker.

I just don't understand why you won't get the same moral principles PRing the bible as you would any other text. Sure, the bible is no ordinary book, but if this is true doesn't it also follow that to read it like any other book (ie-regular reading) isn't necessarily the correct way either?

I don't see why the two are incompatible.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#29749 07/23/02 05:45 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with Ramon. All books need to be read with thought. Just because someone wrote about it doesn't make it 'fact'. Applying the Photoreading method to written material in general helps you to think about what you've read, learn and make up your own mind about what you agree or disagree with and why. Then it is a method of reading that can and probably should be applied to any book spiritual nature, since we can broaden our reading to take in the different editons, explore the writings of others about the topic and even compare the scritpures from other religions. In this way I see photoreading method as an asset for someone exploring the spiritual path.

Alex

#29750 07/23/02 06:20 AM
OP Offline

Greetings again from Oklahoma!
Wow, it's wonderful to see the posts above! Please don't take me wrong. My personal opinion is that PhotoReading is an awesome discovery! But may I please ask you something? Do you understand "salvation"? I mean do you really understand it completely? Understanding "salvation" is vital. What do you think, if you were the enemy of somebody and they had a plan of salvation for somebody, do you think not the enemy would do everything possible to distort and literally confuse the people just enough where they could not be "saved"? I believe you understand that there is something beyond the universe. I believe you understand the law of causality. I believe you know God exists. Therefore, you must come to the realization that there is a battle between truth and error.

Satan does all he can to keep an unsaved person deceived and in darkness. As it is written, SATAN, WHICH DECEIVETH THE WHOLE WORLD-Rev 12:9. There is a battle between truth and error going on inside of each person. That battle is for a person’s soul. The devil persuades many in their thoughts that evolution is how we came into existence. The adversary puts in the minds of others that the Bible is not God’s Word but just a book written by men. He makes some believe that it is too difficult to understand. And if you do believe the Bible is the perfect Word of God, Satan will do everything possible to stop you from studying it, by using many distractions and other devices. If you study the Bible, Satan will try to cause you to believe certain passages do not mean exactly what they say. If you do believe God’s Word, he will try to choke the Word that is in you, by using the lusts of this world, the cares of this life, the pleasures of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and many other devices. Satan is a master at mixing the truth with deception in your mind and causing confusion.
Satan persuades many people that there is no heaven, hell, judgment, or God. He causes many to think that he does not even exist, or that, if he does exist, he is nothing more than a little red cartoon character with horns and a pitchfork, who is mischievous but not dangerous. He causes some people to be bitter toward God. He causes many others to be deceived on how to be saved. He blinds their eyes.

Consider and think about that. Please don't pretend all is well and everything will be all right after death. Please don't pretend you can somehow escape judgment.

Jesus said, HE THAT ENTERETH NOT BY THE DOOR INTO THE SHEEPFOLD, BUT CLIMBETH UP SOME OTHER WAY, THE SAME IS A THIEF AND A ROBBER. BUT HE THAT ENTERETH IN BY THE DOOR IS THE SHEPHERD OF THE SHEEP. TO HIM THE PORTER OPENETH; AND THE SHEEP HEAR HIS VOICE: AND HE CALLETH HIS OWN SHEEP BY NAME, AND LEADETH THEM OUT. AND WHEN HE PUTTETH FORTH HIS OWN SHEEP, HE GOETH BEFORE THEM, AND THE SHEEP FOLLOW HIM: FOR THEY KNOW HIS VOICE. AND A STRANGER WILL THEY NOT FOLLOW, BUT WILL FLEE FROM HIM: FOR THEY KNOW NOT THE VOICE OF STRANGERS-Jn 10:1-5.
Two voices are portrayed here. One is the voice of the Shepherd, which is Jesus. The other is the voice of the stranger, which is Satan. When we talk about the voice of the Shepherd, Jesus, we may also consider that God’s Word and the Holy Spirit’s voice are the same. To follow the voice of Jesus is to follow the voice of God’s Word and the Holy Spirit. The sheep (true, born-again Christians) follow the voice of God’s Word, which they know. They do not follow the voice of Satan, for they do not know his voice.
Which of these following voices is louder to you? Which voice do you follow?
Which is louder: the voice of your flesh or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of wanting to do your will or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of your desire for pleasure or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of the lusts of your eyes or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of what people think of you or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of laziness or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of wanting to talk too much or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of repeating yourself over and over or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of wanting to be liked or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of fear or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of anger or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of deceit or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of wrong thinking or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of your desire for success or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of hate, love, and just not caring or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of circumstances or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of hurting or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of the cares of this world or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of your desire for money or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of the lusts of the flesh or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of happiness and joy or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of not wanting to change or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of not wanting to offend someone or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of bitterness, envy, and jealousy or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of covetousness or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of gluttony (or eating too much) or the voice of God?
Which is louder: the voice of obeying those that do contrary to God’s Word or the voice of God?
Which is louder: these voices or the voice of God?
Is the voice of your heart leading you to God or to rebellion against God?
There are many voices that we hear. These voices are from newspapers, the radio, the television, our flesh, our feelings, our emotions, our circumstances, our desires, and from people around us. The world’s voices lead us away from God. The voice of the Bible leads us to God.

Consider. Which voice will you follow?

Love in Christ, (have a wonderful day)

Logan C. Edens

#29751 07/23/02 06:29 AM

I still don't get it...why is photoreading not in tune with this? Why can't photoreading the bible lead to salvation as you say? Why would PRing the bible not let someone accept Jesus Christ as their savior? I'm not necessarily taking a stand on whether or not this is true, I'm just having a difficulty grasping why if someone was looking to be saved, why PRing the bible instead of regular reading it would prevent him from doing so?

#29752 07/23/02 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
Hi,
Im not loganedens1985, but I would like to try and answer your question. The reason that we worship on Sunday is because Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday (after 3 days),
and so,we worship on the first day of the week (Sunday).

This is not correct.
A) in Europe the week starts on Monday. Jesus lived in Palastina/Israel... some claim its Europe: Israel participates in the Eurovision Song Contest.

B) God created the world in 6 days and had his nap on the 7th. Every Sunday we follow the example of God

#29753 07/23/02 06:46 AM

Actually, not to nitpick, but I was told that in its original Hebrew, it's more like God created the universe in six "passages of time" rather than "days", which makes a lot of sense, considering a day is a rotation of the Earth, and without an earth, you don't really have the first day.

Also, I'm just speculating, but isn't it possible that the whole Monday = first day of the week thing wasn't like that at the time of Jesus? I mean, I'm just guessing, but I think that the Monday = first day of the week sounds pretty contemporary to me.

Also, lets not get too off-topic - I still want to know why PRing interferes with a spiritual reading of the bible.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved