Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29764 07/24/02 05:58 AM

My bible has a page 666 in it.

I was going to be a Jahovas Witness but I didn't see the accident.

If you Photoread the bible upside down and backwards do you turn evil?

The Seventh-Day-Adventists say that the holy day is actually Saturday and I'm like, "yeah, whatever" then it hit me. They're drinkers and don't want to have to get up on Sunday. Then it all became clear. If you pick and chose your beliefs anyway, why not go with that one?

Didn't one of the apostles get crucified upside down? Didn't he do it because he knew he wasn't Christ like. So the inverted cross is actually a good thing. I think I'll get a tatoo of one on my forehead.

I figured out how to win a religious arguement. Have nothing else to do. That's how you win.

#29765 07/24/02 01:36 PM

Loganedens,

It's ok. Go on and try to witness where you please. I understand and care about you anyway.

Love in Christ,
CommonSense

#29766 07/24/02 02:30 PM

"My bible has a page 666 in it.
I was going to be a Jahovas Witness but I didn't see the accident.

If you Photoread the bible upside down and backwards do you turn evil?

The Seventh-Day-Adventists say that the holy day is actually Saturday and I'm like, "yeah, whatever" then it hit me. They're drinkers and don't want to have to get up on Sunday. Then it all became clear. If you pick and chose your beliefs anyway, why not go with that one?

Didn't one of the apostles get crucified upside down? Didn't he do it because he knew he wasn't Christ like. So the inverted cross is actually a good thing. I think I'll get a tatoo of one on my forehead.

I figured out how to win a religious arguement. Have nothing else to do. That's how you win."

the number 666 is not a bad number. it is a symbolic number. the mark of the beast will not be a 666 on your forehead or right hand. if you do the beast's work in your mind or in your actions, then you have the mark of the beast. read revelation.
reading the information differently is not a bad thing. the only problem with photoreading the bible is that the bible is, in some ways, like pleasure reading, which is not recommended for photoreading. you CAN photoread it, but its not the same. there are some verses which can be easily passed by, but have lots of meaning. theres a book called "The Prayer of Jabez" based on 1 verse in the bible, hidden among geneologies which most people dont read. if you miss this verse, you could miss a lot. the bible is also filled with wisdom and advice, so you could miss some of that too. feel free to photoread the bible, but you MIGHT miss something important.
Seventh-Day Adventists, for the most part, dont drink. i cant speak for everyone. WE DONT CHOOSE OUR BELEIFS, we get them directly from the bible, and a very few beleifs which some adventists follow come from the most modern day prophet, ellen white. but most of our beleifs come from the bible. why dont you name a beleif and ill quote you the verse which supports it. email me mrmatrixz@hotmail.com
yes, the apostle was crucified upside down, but its the spirit in which you tattoo yourself and what the tattoo really means to you that matters, but we shouldnt desecrate our bodies by tattooing or peircing. "Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit." so we shouldnt desecrate the Spirit's temple, just like we dont vandalize a church.
Its not that i dont have anything else to do, but i want to stay here and clear up misconceptions and maybe witness to someone. its a matter of priorities, save a life or go play counter-strike, or watch TV. which do you think is better?

#29767 07/25/02 03:41 PM

I have a dirt Devil vacuum and I put duct tape over the word "dirt" and put it in my dining room and when I walk by it I worship it.

#29768 07/25/02 08:21 PM

thats dumb

#29769 07/27/02 09:26 AM

"Don't join a religion who's symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood, especially if it's me."

-Jesus Christ

#29770 07/27/02 02:43 PM

actually, we dont have any specific symbol, thats one of them but its not a guy, its the son of the creator of the universe(big difference) and it was the greatest sacrifice of all time, an innocent man dying for millions of people who dont deserve forgiveness, but he gives it anyways. how about:
"Don't join a religious group that worhsips a lower lifeform than themselves."
-Me

#29771 07/29/02 04:29 AM

Congratulations people!

Its good to see there are still some active Christians left here

#29772 07/29/02 05:15 AM

How about not joining a religious group at all? How about having no name. How about no way. How about quiting everything? Do it. Do it.

#29773 07/29/02 06:40 AM

Loganedens1985, there are people just like you in my high school who never shut up about their religion. They bother people like me who have different beliefs (in order to be a good witness or whatever), and they constantly argue amongst themselves about the dumbest religious technicalities. Two things I've learned from them are: a) fanatics like that are completely ignorant and are unable to support their ideas with anything other than "the Bible says..." b) they are extremely annoying.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved