Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29936 07/30/02 05:20 AM
OP Offline

What is the maximum result so far in photoreading? For instance, what if I work with the program for a full year spending large amounts of time on the program. What could possibly be my end result? Can I actually photo read a 500 page book in 10 minutes and recall all the information that I am able to recall by reading the book if not more? Will I be able to achieve instant activation over time? I guess what I really want to know is, is it worth it?

#29937 07/30/02 05:23 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Are you asking whether its worth reading a book in 3 hours or less when it normally takes you 9 hours or more?

While spontaneous activation is fun it's not always going to happen at call, nothing stops you from getting getting the information out of a 500 page book in 30 minutes to 1 hour greatly surpassing the average reader. And yes there are times when you might have spontaneous or even instant activation on parts of the book.

Can you just photoread a book and have 40% recall? Is that enough to get a passing grade?

Personally I think spending only 10 minutes with a 500 page book just to parrot back the information contained within it is a pointless pasttime. When I read I want to make some use of the information that will always mean I'm going to spend more than 10 minutes with a book. I especially want to spend time considering information in a book if at some level I don't agree with it.

Where 98% of the population read like a snails on hot tar (ie they never get past the first chapter in a self help book). Photoreading gives you the skills to cover as much of the book from beginning to end and probably even gain some useful information in as little as 1 x 20 minute activation session. The hour that the snails spend reading the first chapter is surpassed by the 30 minutes you spent getting the information that was important to you. From within the whole book.

Is it worth it?

It seems to me that you have some unrealistic expectations of the Photoreading system *in the short term*. It would make it more difficult to see the system working.

Self check... How long did/does it take you to read and satisfactorily comprehend a 200 page book using the regular school taught method?

Did you regularly read books or were you in the habit of putting it off? Do you find reading to be a chore to be avoided at all cost?

How difficult was it for you to study before you started the photoreading course.

What subjects do you find easier to read and what subjects do you find more difficult to read using the regular method?

Notice these are all anchors to your belief about reading that you carry with you when you learn to photoread.

The photoreading system doesn't magically make these beliefs disappear and they are a stumbling block to learning the system. That's why you need patience and some relistic expectations.

The expression "we got to learn to walk before we can run" comes to mind here. Start by expecting to complete a 200 (not 500) page book in about 3 hours. That is giving the book 4 activation sessions of 30 minutes each and a 1 hour rapid read. Notice how difficult the subject was to you. Where you experienced the most frustration and where you enjoyed the process. Expect to spend roughly 3 or more hours on a book for a number of books... during the process some will slip in that you manage to get out of the way in an hour. Reward yourself for that. By reading a book in an average of 3 hours you are achieving a higher than average reading result.

Hope this helps?

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 30, 2002).]

#29938 07/31/02 01:03 AM
Dan Offline

quote:
Originally posted by The Ultimate Warrior:
What is the maximum result so far in photoreading? ...I guess what I really want to know is, is it worth it?

Sorry I shortened your quote.

I have been using the home study course since I think around January this year..

Here are my unbias results:

1.My marks on my C.F.P. course before mid 80's... after PRing low to mid 80's however I am spending much less time reading my text books.

2. Now when I go to SR or Rapidread the information does not seem new, there is a feeling that I know the information.

3.Every night I PR a book. I have never been a "book lover" but I now love going to the Library. man there are a lot of neat books out there... I've PR a couple of books on Zen (I never knew about Zen until someone recommended it here, not my style), Pr books on money, Warren Buffet, Memory improvement ( I PR one last night that I am actually going to activate...I was PRing and I got a feeling that I just have to read it)

4.I am dreaming more, and remembering what I dreamed about...I have had a couple of lucid(sp) dreams nothing like the one exciting one that was described by Ramon ( I wish I knew how to do that again...I big glass of water...)

5. I play with the system and enjoy, my activation needs some improvement. I have this feeling that I am on the edge of the bubble

So my overall recommendation is relax and enjoy even if you never recall everything or activate a book in 20 min I think the system is worth while.

#29939 07/31/02 06:25 PM

Even though I'm the forum pr*ck, it's nice to hear something like what Dan said. It was a specific and detailed account of what he actually got and not just some repeat of the testimonials that were in the book.

If the text is arranged in a certain way with lots of white space and titles and everything nice and neat, I would have to say I could probably pull off what Dan said. Otherwise I would consider that a warm up and just read it.

#29940 08/01/02 03:24 AM

"nothing like the one exciting one that was described by Ramon ( I wish I knew how to do that again...I big glass of water...)"

Heck, the dream alone was worth it =)

Just wanted to add that the system was definitely worth it for me, as was the "Dream Play" tape.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#29941 08/02/02 09:07 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Congrats, Dan. Neat observations.

#29942 08/03/02 03:48 PM

Remembering more dreams is one of those PR side effects that they don't really seem to tell you. I remember about one dream a night these days, and I hardly ever even PhotoRead/Activate books! Well...about 4-5 a week generally, but I've been taking it easy lately.

The more you PhotoRead and activate, the more your mind will be active in developing a link between your conscious and subconscious mind. That's what PhotoReading does, it's bringing the information foward, for you to access at a greater level. The more you PhotoRead, the faster and easier it will become.

Your brain is like a muscle, the more you excersise it, the stronger and better it will become for your own personal benefit. There's way more benefits than just the dreaming parts, but it can enhance general learning and memory.

In other words, if LSC wants to name all of the features/benefits outside of the speed of this thing: they'd probably run out of time, money, or space to advertise it all. That's how good the system is, IMO.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved