Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30221 08/13/02 03:14 PM
Publius Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone ever listened to Paraliminal Tapes DURING a PR session? I'm specifically thinking of Memory Supercharger and Personal Genius. There's been some discussion of listening to Baroque music while PR'ing to help get into state. In the past, I've used PG before PR and MS after PR, but I'm considering experimenting with the tapes playing softly in the background while I PR. Any thoughts?

Administrator
Administrator

I personally think it's a bad idea. Since the self improvement tapes are intended to help in certain areas of life they fail to compliment the photoreading process in both time and technique. Agreed that the relaxed state that they bring about are great for the photoreading process. In order to use them successfully we have to override the instruction/advice given at certain points on the tape. Also their lenght is not necessarily in harmony with the amount of time it takes to PR... Eg the photoflipping stage takes 3 to 7 minutes on most regular books. The tape average 20 minutes. So what do you do... play out the tape or stop mid stream. Either way you training you inner mind to react in a certain way with the tape.

If you want to use a brain entrainment technique you could try a CD (EG Brainwave Suite, Voyager etc. ) Bweg to do it yourself or a light and sound device. There is a pdf on the web that tells you how to use a light and sound device in congunction with photoreading it useful for programming a bweg too.

I looked into it and thought why bother? All I'd be doing it complicating the Photoreading process. Doing stuff that becomes anchors. Also all that preparation before photoreading... getting tapes together cueing it up and getting ready to photoread. Like a beginning photoreader having an excuse not to learn photoread because I haven't got a tape player handy right now?

When it comes to photoreading the only device I use it the remote to turn off my TV . Ocasionaly I have classical music playing only because I it was playing before I started and see no point in turning it off since it has no voices. When I listen to paraliminals I give them my full attention for the 20 minutes or so that they are. The gains are much faster and no need for me to do it 3 times when once is enough.

As it goes, play with it and see what works for you.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved