Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by blue:
I did not understand how my mind, even the subconcious mind, could possibly absorb text that was visually garbled and nonsensical. But would you say that is the point of the step where the reader photoreads? To shut of the concious by confusing it with the blip, so that the subconcious can take hold? Does it work for you?

It works for me. We fail to notice that everything we are not focusing on directly is blurred and yet the inner mind is still has a clear idea of what is its seeing. It's only when we turn to look at it directly that we see it 'in focus'. So it stands to reason that the mind can recognise the letters on a page without our having to look at them directly. Especially when you consider how often we see the written letter forms in our daily lives.

Alex

OP Offline

I`m still having a problem with the blip page. Sometimes I can look at the floor and then run the book in front of my eyes, this seems to help. If anyone knows of any other technics please help. Plus check out this awesome description of the blip

Administrator
Administrator

It is unnecessary to "get the blip page" it works fine with a soft focus.

My suggestion is that you turn the book upside down. Soft focus on it and imagine that an X has been drawn through it linking the outer corners of the book crossing in the middle. Just gently gaze at the point in the spine where the imaginary X crosses (the middle of the book). From there do the rest of the steps (page turning and chanting etc) and finish on a positive note as Paul says.

Let the blip page come when it comes, if it comes (it's not necessary) It's just a method of knowing you've changed your focus from a hard looking at the word focus to a looking at the whole picture focus.

Using the imaginary X technique you have 5 points to keep in your vision the four corners and the middle of the book. That is how you ensure that you are soft focusing on the whole 2 pages.

You want to photoread with a parallel vison (an eye on each page) rather than regular reading vision... http://www.vision3d.com/3views.html
This link will explains what your eyes do with regular reading and follow the links at the bottom for some alternative techniques.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 08, 2002).]

OP Offline

Just didn't want to see this diagram die

Hey! This is the first time i've noticed that post of Ramon's. WOW and also wow b/c that's my b'day. Now that must mean something.

Thanks a lot for the support guys! I'm glad the graphics were a success

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Administrator
Administrator

Time to move this back up the list

Thanks a lot for the pictures.
I live in Brazil and I boght the book.I dont know if is the same book that you talk about "Photoreading Whole mind system".
ohhhh and I have the same difficult to understand the blip thing,but i get it now.
Thanks
Sorry for my english

OP Offline

Write something, anything, never let this diagram die, It helps you so much. Keep it alive. Thanks

bbarclay6

At the website www.vision3d.com there appears to be 2 ways to see the stereogram, by cross-eye veiwing and parallel viewing...

which one am i viewing when i photoread?
i.g. when noticing the blip page and the four corners of the book, is my eyes diverged to parallel viewing it or cross-eye viewing it....

maybe it doesn't matter which one it is....
and texts in still being absorbed into the other-than-conscious mind

with the stereogram in the photoreading workbook i find that i can push the image further in and distort the letters...(has n e one noticed it?)

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved