Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30666 08/29/02 04:30 PM
OP Offline

Trigger words - every word seems important and of interest to me.

Questions - I have difficulty formulating questions in order to decide why I am reading this book other than for class.

Super Reading - I cannot help but look at every single word. It's as though I am reading the book but not comprehending it because I am moving my eyes very fast.

Time - the time it takes me to go through all the steps of photoreading, is longer than if I were to actually read the book normally. This is not what I am looking for

Expectations - I want to be able to do what pete bissonette did on the infomercial. How long will it take for me to accomplish that?

I've had PR for sometime now but am having very little success. I believe it is because I want it to work very badly and right now.

#30667 08/30/02 05:02 AM

Always review the basics whenever you have questions.

Trigger words - Simply gather a handful from throughout the book cover-to-cover in an 8-minute pass. You'll always find them in the chapter titles, bold/underlined/italiced print, etc. Consider each one as a trigger word "candidate."

Questions - Take your list of trigger words & phrases and start crafting questions. Turn each one into a question.
"What does __________ mean?
"How does ___________ summarize chapter 12?"
...and so forth.

Your general-purpose approach to activating any book is to comprehend the information well enough to apply it and achieve your desired goal.

Super Reading - Use the tangerine technique. Remember your time constraint. You need to arrive at the end of the book in 30 minutes. Remember the goal of each activation pass is to build one layer of conscious comprehension of the entire book, structure first, and increasingly more detail with each additional activation pass. Save 5-10 minutes to add a layer of branches to your Mind Map at the end of each pass.

Time - When the 5 steps are done correctly, you easily cut your reading time down to a 1/3 or less, with better comprehension, deeper understanding, and longer retention.

Go easy on yourself. Allow time to master the basics. You'll integrate the process after you Prepare/Preview/PhotoRead & fully activate about 7-10 books. Go for the "GEL" point where your whole book comes together, in a third to a tenth of the amount of time normally required with regular old reading, and re-reading and re-reading.

Search for and study the thread:
"PhotoReaders! For Instant Recall"

This will give you the foundation to duplicate the demonstrations Pete does on the infomercial.

Good luck!

#30668 09/04/02 05:47 AM
OP Offline

Thanks, this will help me.

#30669 09/03/02 11:51 PM
Dan Offline

quote:
Originally posted by The Ultimate Warrior:

Questions - I have difficulty formulating questions in order to decide why I am reading this book other than for class.

Man I really understand that

If you ask Alex real nicely maybe he will send you a copy of his Activation questions."Comprehending or activating your reading material"I keep them with me in case a need some help.

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited September 03, 2002).]

#30670 09/04/02 04:32 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Man I really understand that

If you ask Alex real nicely maybe he will send you a copy of his Activation questions."Comprehending or activating your reading material"I keep them with me in case a need some help.

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited September 03, 2002).]

LOL Yes, It is available for anyone who would like a copy. Just email me let me know prefered format, PDF, DOC or RTF.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved