thing only: to become aware of what he/she already is, the true self
within.

--Anonymous

Is this my problem? I mean, who doesn't want to be a "wise seeker?"

#30707 08/30/02 07:41 PM
Hel Offline

I'd rather be a finder.

#30708 08/30/02 07:58 PM

Mark, are you saying you are a Master? Or, are you saying that you want to become aware of your true self before you do anything else?

Young people who get overwhelmingly interested in spiritual philosophy are often (note i said often & not always) running away from taking on the responsibilities of growing up.

Making and leaving this world a better place to live in requires working in and w/ the world, not running away from it.

When we do our duty, unknown friends will automatically show up to help us. When we do our duty, all we need to do is ask for help & help arrives w/o us needing to seek it.

The Sufi saying comes to mind: Don't pray for miracles, rather, pray for the strength to live your life and then you will become the miracle. (it's something like that)

Tackle your stuff; ask for help from unexpected sources; expect the help to come; get out of the way and let it come

#30709 08/31/02 02:59 PM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

I wanted to see what you think it meant in terms of Photoreading. "Already have" "don't have to get"

Nevermind, it's just a thought. And no I'm not a master. YoungPr calls me a DarkSider anyway.

#30710 08/31/02 03:24 PM
Hel Offline

The quote is talking about the Truth. Pr helps us process/manage the massive amounts of information we are confronted with on the relative side of this world.

#30711 09/01/02 12:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
I wanted to see what you think it meant in terms of Photoreading. "Already have" "don't have to get"

Nevermind, it's just a thought. And no I'm not a master. YoungPr calls me a DarkSider anyway.

You are not a DARKSIDER. The correct term is SITH!

But seriously - be a Jedi.

#30712 09/01/02 05:25 AM

Perhaps the quotation is alluding to the idea that a "master" knows that one's tools are already inherent in us; that the search is the individual's pursuit to develop those skills and bring them out. Doesn't Paul Scheele mention something how PR isn't teaching you how to read, or even to understand information at exceedingly fast speeds-those are abilities we aleady have inside us. We must just learn how to temper such capable feats.

#30713 09/01/02 03:17 PM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

So, if "I" can't get it to work then it's just something that I can't 'find' right now, but you may have found it?

#30714 09/01/02 03:22 PM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

Here's something else I read...

"Q. I have frightful dreams. What do they mean? How can I get
rid of them?

A. Dreams are thoughts you don’t know about during the day.
They have value in revealing contradictions between what you
think you think and what you actually think. As consciousness
increases, dreams decrease."

Vernon Howard, Pathways to Perfect Living, p. 90

I just thought that was interesting because of all the talk about dreams here. Some people have uncontrolable dreams, some have vivid or cool ones and some have none. Maybe having none is an indication that you don't have any unresolved issues that your mind has to play out at night.

YoungPR, your ancient ways don't scare me, uggh, ughhg, aarrch........

#30715 09/01/02 09:33 PM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
A master knows there is nothing to seek and nothing to find. You are
already enlightened, and all the words in the world will not give you
what you already have. The wise seeker, therefore, is concerned with one
thing only: to become aware of what he/she already is, the true self
within.

--Anonymous

Is this my problem? I mean, who doesn't want to be a "wise seeker?"

In my view Mr/s Anonymous has led you up the proverbial garden path. The goal to me is to become the Master.

If the statement A master knows there is nothing to seek and nothing to find. is true. Then there cannot be a wise seeker because a seeker can never become a master as long as s/he is a seeker. Only when s/he stop seeking can s/he become a student of the master.

A Wise student knows that to become the Master he must act as the Master and Believe as the Master in order to understand the truth a Master. And when s/he understands the truth as does the Master then s/he is The Master.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved