Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#30876 09/05/02 06:59 PM
Gianny Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok, I gone trough the book. This stuff seems amazing, but...

I can't get the blip page to work.

Initially, I thought that the blip page was simply about diverging the eyes to get a blurry vision, but after reading some posts here seems not. I tried the "sausage" trick and the X trick, but doesn't work. I simply can't get this "third" page.

Some advice?

PS - Be prepared to more other posts in the future...this is just the starting.

#30877 09/05/02 09:53 PM

Look through the book, to the far wall.

#30878 09/05/02 10:09 PM
Gianny Offline OP
OP Offline

Hmm...how? I mean, I am not Superman I have not X-Ray Vision. Ok ok, seriously...I tried it but I simply can't focus on something I can't actually see. Searching in the forum I read that seeing the words blurred is ok anyway. I can achieve that kind of blurry vision trying to "cross-vision" or simply looking at the edge of the book.

Is that ok?

#30879 09/05/02 10:35 PM

first of all relax

you don't need to see the blip page to be able to pr. Many people cannot see the blip page but can pr just fine. The blip page is just one sign that you are diverging your eyes.

It may take some time to be able to look at the pages of a book without hard focusing on it. When I started to Pr, I could not look at the centre without hard focusing, but now its easy. It took me about a week to be able to look through the book without hard focusing on it, and to be able to see the words in sharp clarity.

Just practice. Start by looking at a spot on the wall, just over the top of the book, and notice the four corners of the book and the white spaces between the paragraphs. Gradually begin to move your eyes down without hard focusing. Believe me you will be able to do it just fine, just stick with it.

Hope this helps

Paul C

#30880 09/05/02 10:41 PM
Gianny Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Paul, but I am a little confused now. So I must see CLEARLY the words? I thought that seeing clearly the words would distract my mind..

I will try to do as you said.

#30881 09/05/02 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gianny:
Thanks Paul, but I am a little confused now. So I must see CLEARLY the words? I thought that seeing clearly the words would distract my mind..

I will try to do as you said.

You will begin to see the words more and more clearly with practice, but yes, you do not want your conscious mind on any one word, but rather the center crease, and trying to look at both pages at the same time without moving your eyes from the center crease.

#30882 09/06/02 02:45 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Gianny,

It is unnecessary to "get the blip page" it works fine with a soft focus.

My suggestion is that you turn the book upside down. Soft focus on it and imagine that an X has been drawn through it linking the outer corners of the book crossing in the middle. Just gently gaze at the point in the spine where the imaginary X crosses (the middle of the book). From there do the rest of the steps (page turning and chanting etc) and finish on a positive not as Paul says. Using the imaginary X technique you have 5 points to keep in your vision the four corners and the middle of the book. That is how you ensure that you are soft focusing on the whole 2 pages.

Let the blip page come when it comes, if it comes (it's not necessary) It's just a method of knowing you've changed your focus from a hard looking at the word focus to a looking at the whole picture focus. The reason I suggest turning the book upside down is so that you avoid reading the words and avoid getting caught up with regular reading. It still goes into the inner mind the same way and works just as well I often photoread books upside down as it is easier to turn the pages on some of the older books.

Alex

#30883 09/06/02 02:58 AM
Gianny Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you youngprer and Alex. I will try. Maybe I am already getting everything well but I can't say that because I only own the book.

When you talk about a soft gaze, what do you mean exactly? Should I close a bit my eyelids and focus my sight until the words become blurred, or the words must be clearly visible?

#30884 09/06/02 07:03 AM
Administrator
Administrator

A soft gaze or expanding your field of vision is to allow you eyes to see more broadly. Normally when you look at the words on book your focus is very narrow and you cannot see past the pages of a book.

Imagine this or better yet go out side and see) just look at a board landscape. Focus on an object directly in front of you and notice its details. Then relax just look at the 'whole landscape' and notice how much more you can see. If you were to look at an open book held about 18 inches in front of you with this relaxed gaze you would still see the landscape past the edges of the book. You are expanding your peripheral vision. With a relaxed gaze you are seeing all however you are avoiding the details of hard focus looking.

You want to photoread with a parallel vison (an eye on each page ) rather than regular reading vision... http://www.vision3d.com/3views.html
This link will explains what your eyes do with regular reading and follow the links at the bottom for some alternative techniques

Remember it takes a bit of practice to hold the soft gaze so go easy on yourself.

Alex

#30885 09/06/02 01:42 PM
Gianny Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah! I think I got it! It is normal that I can see the words perfectly in the blip page and the other words are blurred? Also, the "third" page I see is only composed by the left page of the book, and it is not a combination of both left and right page "margins".

Is that ok?

Anyway, I THINK I got it.

I just love this forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved