Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dragha Offline OP
OP Offline

I've been reading these comments for weeks now and I begin to wonder. Who needs to cram a lot more useless info into our already cluttered brains. How many of us even have jobs to utilize this knowlege? Heck I cant evewn utilize what I've learned from snail reading. Like who can use image streaming,NLP, psychocybernetics in the real world anyway. Maybe it would be better to learn to do carpentry, or roofing, something more productive than esoteric, unproven shortcuts to nowhere. I guess I sometimes get tired of being on the yellow brick road.

Believe what you wish.

I'm curious as to why you are reading the posts on this forum if you feel the way you do?

What you consider to be cramming perhaps others consider it to be personal growth.

What exactly is the real world? Is it a world devoid of incredible possibilities? For students, all of this stuff is so helpful. For people like me, it's just most interesting. I'm following my interests in life. What kind of a hound dog are you?

Yeah, listen to Margaret.

Photoreading does work. It took me eight or nine months to learn this, because I started doughting it would work because I had no results and I didn't practies much and stupidly followed clear instructions wrong. Even after all that I can finally photoread and it was worth all the time I put into it.

Dragha,
quote:
How many of us even have jobs to utilize this knowlege?

You say you are a psychologist. How could you not be using NLP in your job? All of the LS home study courses could be of significant value to you.

One thing comes to mind & this is why i'm posting again. It's about your post & that particular sentence i've quoted. To be really successful in this stuff, this cutting edge stuff, people are in it for the excitement of it. They're looking at success and self esteem. It feels great to be maximizing your potential. The workplace and the job are not satisfying motivations.

YET, look at the companies that LS has worked w/. They are all the leading companies in this country. What does that say about using their products in the workplace.

Do it for yourself and your job will take care of itself. Do it for your job & you may lose interest quickly.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dragha:
Who needs to cram a lot more useless info into our already cluttered brains. How many of us even have jobs to utilize this knowledge? Dragha, I am not even a full fledged photo reader but no one should have this attitude towards learning! I am a student and I feel that once I master photo reading that I will obtain the results I need and acquire the information that I need to be successful in school, my job , my goals and ULTIMATLY MY LIFE. Now everyone has his/her goals in life unless he is depressed. Knowledge is power. Why wouldn't anyone want power? Do you live your life without meaning? Of course not! You have goals. Just imagine what you can do if can photo read. Absorb the information that interests you and achieve your dreams! Obviously you have hopes because you are looking at the posts on the forum, you just want to be guided, right?

Listen to the experienced and they will guide you if you have the proper attitude. The Optimistic attitude!

That's my motto

- Meurphy

You know learning can be fun, until you HAVE to learn it. I remember the teacher FORCING us to read Romeo & Juliet and it was only fun when everyone started screwing around with it.

Or do you remember the animal group listing hierarchy?

King - kingdom
Phillip - Phylum
Came - Class
Over - Order
For - Family
George's - Genus
Sword - Species

That's not fun to learn until you substitute the mnemonic words with something dirty.

Dragha

I am surrounding your extrapersonal self with positive electromatrons.

You have constipated the genie of the lamp, prepare for the consequences!

Your post made my day.

I'm also sick of the yellow brick road and that's a freaking funny way of putting it. I think it was Wayne Dyer that said "We don't need to work on our memories. We need to work on our forgetteries."

We don't need more, we need less.

All the books that I want to read require multiple passes at slow speeds in order to understand them. Which is better... one sentence full of meaning or a thousand books full of no meaning?

[This message has been edited because I was practicing the placement of the smilies in order to block all noxious energy fields.]

[This message has been edited by MarkP4 (edited September 12, 2002).]

Guys,

We don't need more, we need less.

This is a very misleading thought given to all kinds of misinterpretations as in the first post.

What is a more to one person may be a less to another. Jose Silva said ask for not more than you need but also do not ask for less than what you need. Then he said the most interesting thing

quote:
What you need will depend on the size of pants a man wears
So, some people have big pants and they'll need more. And, that more is just right for them.

People who are jealous of those who are aspiring for all kinds of success will often use that statement to drag them down.

Who is Dyer or anyone to say we need less and not more. The pendulum swings and keeps swinging throughout life. The key is to find the MIDDLE PATH (Chinese). This will not mean to be less all the time. Flexibility is where it's at. Sometimes we need more and other times less. It's not written in stone, i.e., our lives and the constant flux of life is not written in stone.

But, anyone who is thinking about the truth of needing less, should take a look at their lives, i.e., look at their personal life duties. Somehow they are over booked. THEY are over booked, not someone who appears to them to be doing too much.

Maybe 5 cars is just right for me, but 5 cars for you would be too much. If 1 car is just right for me, who am i to say that the rest of the world should only have 1 car? The moment i say something like that, i turn into a JUDGE and make judgments. That's not where it's at.

In the end there is no less or more <<< really, there's just me and even this me is a me w/o a body. What do we take w/ us? Our good name? Our character? Is it not possible for me to have 5 cars and 10 homes and still have a good name and love and kindness and forgiveness?

Listen that poor man who is attached to his simple stick is someone who is in trouble as compared to someone who has 5 cars and is not attached to them in the least.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved