Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

lets don fight over this forum...say we take this as a challege and see if any of us can help Meurphy through his stuck states...

Meurphy, have a open mind...u did say u are optimistic, see if you can get where you want.

Administrator
Administrator

Meurphy,

Given that you are prone to nightmares I recommend that you avoid using any any paraliminals or training tapes or even photoreading prior to going to bed. Use these tapes in the morning, you mind can process them during the day. Keep the evening free from mind training activities. That also means avoiding meditation in the evenings.

Before anyone complains about my comment on meditation I'll ask them to read this link http://www.sfweekly.com/issues/2002-08-28/bayview.html/1/index.html

I explain in more detail via email.

Alex

Meurphy Offline OP
OP Offline

I am reading your posts but I could really use a break from pr and defientyl the paraliminal tape.

I am going to do the course over again and see if I can't solve my problems on my own.
I will post my successes and if I can't get it to work I will be talking directly to one of the Pr Learning stradegies corp. Members.

Thank you for your time.

quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
[B]... photoreading is proven to work, and even though i have never used it successfully, i know for sure that it works. im just a really lazy guy.
B]

Id just like to point out that pretty much anything can be 'proven' if you really put your mind to it. Im not saying pring doesn't work, but just bear that in mind. I mean, how do you KNOW that photoreading really does work when you could be getting all of the information from a book from the other steps (previewing etc.)?

Read my posts in this thread:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000538.html

Spontaneous Activation while flipping pages in the PhotoReading step!

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Meurphy:
I am reading your posts but I could really use a break from pr and defientyl the paraliminal tape.

I am going to do the course over again and see if I can't solve my problems on my own.
I will post my successes and if I can't get it to work I will be talking directly to one of the Pr Learning stradegies corp. Members.

Thank you for your time.

Good move! That's what you paid for when you bought the course. To pace it to suit you and your learning style and to get the help from LSC.

Alex

I just wanted to add my two cents worth if anyone is interested in reading it.

I have always been able to learn and remember things at a very, very quick rate. This is a good thing, however, as an adult I have discovered that I still had a reading problem. It took me so long to read, and my mind got "bogged down" in so many other things in the middle of a text that I could barely get through it. Take this for example: I read C.S. Lewis' "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" just for pleasure, before taking the PRing course, and it took me a month to get through the book because I had so many bad reading habits.

I have also learned that reading is a skill. There truly is a big difference, (and a very real one!) between being a proficient reader and being an inefficient one. PRing has helped me solve an incredible problem in my life --- getting through printed information in at least a reasonable amount of time, with at least a fair amount of comprehension.

I should also state that at a very early age my parents had me working with phonics, so my pronunciation and spelling are pretty good. None of this taught me the mechanics of being a proficient reader, able to effectively extract information from written material.

Paul Scheele and PRing did that. I personally consider this course a Godsend! Literally. Do you have any idea how many pains I had in dealing with the serious feelings of stupidity or serious below average capabilities? I was in a state of trauma every time someone asked me to read things. The really strange part is that I have always liked reading itself, but figured I was really incapable of doing it well enough for it to be of any use to me.

Why would you go on a crusade at "any cost" when you would actually be hurting the "little impoverished people" more than helping them? I was learning impoverished, and the "you'll either make it or break" mentality of public education didn't really care enough in my case to either spot the problem I had, much less solve it.

Yes, it has taken me a while to learn some of the PRing techniques. Do you have any idea how many years I lost without them?

If you are having serious problems in the program you may be deficient in one of two areas:

1. You may not really believe that the program can even work and and have closed yourself off to any of the possibilities.

Or,

2. Your current form of reading may be delivering a certain set of results that you think PRing should basically mirror.

Reading with the "inner mind" and activating information is a much different approach than reading with immediate comprehension and recall from only the conscious working memory. It's literally a whole different ballgame. One has to approach the PRing system by first unlearning inefficient reading patterns, or slower ones, and adding or changing perceptions of learning, processing, and comprehension of material. The end result is greater efficiency and much better and long lasting results in far less time, with greater comprehension, and with much more pleasure during the actual reading experience. At least this is my direct experience.

If it doesn't work for you --- fine. But please don't burst my bubble from your soap box because you don't believe. Allow me to enjoy my new found freedom of approaching the many books, papers and articles that I have longed to get into and can finally approach without fear. I thank God for this course. My whole approach is more peaceful and rewarding. I have been given more than just reading, I have been given a fun and efficient learning key!

Administrator
Administrator

Meurphy true to his word gave it another go and had an interesting experience that helped him to see that photoreading works
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002537.html

So people do struggle with the system, sometimes just a change in your approach brings about the breakthrough that you are seeking.

Alex

I just wanted to say that I was not trying to make an antagonisitic remark. I did not realize that Meurphy was speaking from frustration (which I myself have been many times!).

I misread his post as antagonistic.

Sorry I misinterpreted that one.

just an observation...

I'm neither for or against photoreading, having
only started experimenting with it 2 days ago.
however, I've had my fair share of experience with products that make fantastic claims, some working and some failing miserably. I've also had quite a bit of experience with forums, and based on that experience, this is my opinion of meurphy: either he is who he says he is ( a successful actor, musician, and chess master) and he's not a native english speaker, or he's
just some dope who threw in that personal information to lend credence to his argument, all the while misspelling words such as "supposedly", "especially", and "means". not very characteristic of a person as accomplished as he, is it? either way, meurphy, if you're not happy with the program,
return it, and stop spewing fruitless skepticism that at best will sabotage the efforts of those that may have had some success with the program, and totally dissuading others from even trying it in the first place. they can always get their refunds, too , if necessary.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved