Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

For anyone truly interested in getting results with PhotoReading and developing their skill, simply follow this thread.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002518.html

I've already done all that and I'm still missing relevant information.

I've also been told to quit whining and leave enough times that the "multiple exposures" are finally starting to burn a neuro pathway from my unconscious to my conscious mind.

I'm sick and tired of being the only one that can't do it.

Now that I look back at all my posts, all I did is discourage all you who did have it working or were trying and I'll admit that at certain points I didn't care what damage I did but now, for what it's worth, I am sorry.

If I ever get it to work I'll come back and tell you but I'm not going to discourage any more people. Good bye.

Mark after watching that ridiculous infomercial you can't imagine how much my wife and I appreciated this Photoreading Forum. Most scamsters seek to show the the cover of their product and then blast off when someone comes around and questions them. By having such a setup where people can bounce and exchange ideas it seems that the PR people are genuinely interested in helping their consumers.

I don't think this forum is moderated and there is no reason for you to apologize for something that you were not able to do like other users on this forum despite making a sincere effort to learn it. This forum is meant for such discussions and if someone gets "discouraged" by your lack of success without giving the program a chance then they were never serious about the program in the first place.

It's so refreshing to see someone like yourself on this forum who has no problems telling the emperor who has no clothes in contrast to the ooohing and aahing public who just seek to jump the bandwagon because it makes them look cooler

Patriot

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
I've already done all that and I'm still missing relevant information.

I've also been told to quit whining and leave enough times that the "multiple exposures" are finally starting to burn a neuro pathway from my unconscious to my conscious mind.

I'm sick and tired of being the only one that can't do it.

Now that I look back at all my posts, all I did is discourage all you who did have it working or were trying and I'll admit that at certain points I didn't care what damage I did but now, for what it's worth, I am sorry.

If I ever get it to work I'll come back and tell you but I'm not going to discourage any more people. Good bye.

Administrator
Administrator

The forum is moderated, Dana Hanson is the moderator

Mark, I thought you were using the photoreading step... along with your speed reading ability you probably don't find you make the leap like people with moderate or slow reading ability started off with.

With your accounting background you keep looking at it in a WPM basis (an interesting trait amongst accountants ) You realise of course that not all reading materical is ment to be speed read. When students learn from books they can speed read, sure get the job out of the way once... at least 90% of the time they have to reread the material... how does that total up. If you have to reread the material at 1000wpm to improve your comprehension from 60% to 70% then your actual reading speed was only 500wpm on the book it is radically worse if you have to reread a third time, 250wpm. Nearly all students will tell you that they have to reread the material because the information from speed reading only goes into the short term memory. If you read a book from beginning to end using speed reading your overall memory of what you read deteriorates rapidly. Spending more than 40 minutes reading becomes redundant no matter what the speed if you are studying, brain research shows that after 40 minutes the learner stops learning and starts forgetting, hence the need for breaks. Even with speed reading for studying you have to keep stopping and making notes... this not only affect your overall speed but can actually reduce the persons reading speed, it is one factor that causes speed readers to go backward on their reading speed. The stop start process... like on a car it uses more energy than if you can keep going.

This is where the photoreading system is different. While you may make more passes on the material you are able to make them much more rapidly than with speed reading. The additional passes input (or rather pull out) more information than only one or two passes of the book.

From a student point of view if you're using speed reading and it takes you 3 hours to make one pass. Knowing that you'll have to reread most of the book (perhaps a number of times) to make your notes, winding up spending 6 hours (or more) reading the book. Whereas the student using the photoreading system will make 4 passes of the book in 2 hours and gain in many cases better comprehsion of the material... because it was placed into the inner mind in the first place and s/he is really drawing the information out of his or her mind, using the book as the trigger. Who really has the advantage? It is a system that is flexible for the reading material and what you want out of it. If you consisently want to get an average of 1000+wpm at 70% comprehension regardless of how simple or complex the text is... no method will work for you. You need to be flexible. The more complex the material is for you the more time you'll want to spend gaining understanding. The less complicated and just wanting one piece of information from the text 1000wpm is probably too slow.

Thats why we keep imploring you to activate a couple of books using the layering method and drawing mind map... you won't need to do that for every single book. In the beginning its that training that helps you find the information even faster and while your WPM reading speed may not seem consistant, your comprehension will no doubt start falling more consistently in the 80 - 90% range on books that are really meaningful too you. I personally am surprised how much my comprehension has improved... if I were still taking the same amount of time as I used to with regular reading I'd be happy. I was never able to accept the inital backward step one had to take in comprehension to succeed with speed reading.

I have no idea if it would be useful to you but you can email me for a copy of my article on activation and comprehsion.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 16, 2002).]

OP Offline

This forum is moderated by me. I read all of the posts and see how people respond to each other and I jump in when needed. Typically, we only delete posts that get vulgar or sexual or way off topic.

I am very pleased with the quality of comments that come from PhotoReaders to help PhotoReaders. It is nice that so many people are open to sharing their experiences. It sure makes the world a better place.

We make it easy for people to reach us. You can call during business hours to get me, Pete from the informerical, Paul the author, and the couple of dozen other people who work in our publishing office. Nothing is worse than buying something and not being able to talk with someone when needed.

Is the infomercial "ridiculous?" No. I think Pete did a great job, especially considering the pressure of the situtation. He demonstrated the high performance end of PhotoReading to drive home the point that it is totally possible to be able to get through reading three times faster. While the direction of the dialog was set up front, the demonstrations were real, unscripted, and spontaneous.

Mark, email me directly so we can figure out how to boost your results!

DanaH@LearningStrategies.com

The thread you just posted isn't too old, Dana. I like the one that you posted in the topic PhotoFocus, or PhotoFake?(Of course, SOMEone spelled focus as phocus, but...)

Anyway - I read that one a long time ago. Brings back some very nice fond memories. Perhaps that's why I'm successful with this already, and am simply building. Maybe it's just that building base of information.

Of course, it does suck that we never know when the infomercial comes on. I thought it was hilarious when you told me in that e-mail:

"Stay up all night, never taking your eyes off the t.v. Search all of your channels!"
I ended up giving up after a night or two. Would it be possible that you guys would ever make an infomercial available to order by mail?? I think that's an even more impressive demonstration than just the news broadcast.

-youngprer

OP Offline

While it is still on the air, we cannot send out a tape of it. Stay tuned...

I must admit I was a bit skeptical, like the old Woody Allen joke about reading"War and Peace" in 20 minutes, "It's about Russia". However, I think it's starting to come together. I've always been a skimmer and would wonder where certain ideas or insights came from. I've noticed that the biggest hurdle for me is trying too hard or wondering if I'm doing it scrupulosly right. Sorry I meant to hit new topic instead if adding to this thread.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved