Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31194 09/18/02 03:54 PM
Jeabp Offline OP
OP Offline

hallo
I'm a student from denmark, so excuse my spelling.
I got the the photoreading book a few years ago, and have read it a couble of times since, but I dont concidder myself a photoreader.

For preview I normaly read the backside of the book and the index. If it is a new book a flip in it a few times to get a feel of the layout. Books I have look at previesly, I dont preview alot. Is that allright?
Then I photoread and dont thing I have a problem with that, except that people have a tendency to interrupt my alle the time.
I leav it with that.
I do this for practice and also pefore class. if I have photoread (and not activated)the assignt chapters, I find following the lecture a lot easier the else (I think).

I usually forget to activate or dont have the time. the 1! book a actually did activate a few years ago, I did comprehend.

I know I'm supose to practice every day, and I wont to have this system work for me, but I have not gotten around to it yet.
In other posts I have seen it is advised to read 3-5 books a day. most op my books is 600-1000 pages so I'm wondering, how meny of thees books am I suppose to photoread each day for practice.

I think I would like some comments (besides my bad grammer and spelling) and som advise if you have any. On a side note I would like to add that I belive in this system. But most people I know thinks I'm crazy for beliving in it. and it is really hard to explane why you are flipping fast through a book opside down.

Thanx for your help.
jeanette

#31195 09/18/02 04:27 PM
Administrator
Administrator

When you preview try to pull out some trigger words... it helps to activate the book later. You from questions from your trigger words to activate the book.

When you photoread since it only takes a 3 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of the book) go somewhere where you won't be interrupted. So that you can maintain the photofocus and accelerative learning state for the book/texts that you are photoreading.

Yes just photoreading the book without activation can make it easier for class... the class becomes the activation session.

How do you get information out of a book if you don't activate it? From that I am guessing that you read the book normally for class if you need to comprehend it. It is really worth using the manual activation technique on a book that you've photoread, because it speeds up the reading/learning process. Rather than spending 10 hours on a book you can gain all the information in 3 hours of less. If you managed to do it once you can definately do it again

The 3 to five books a day can be the same books. Since books of 600 - 1000 pages are large you might just want to Photoread one or 2 of them per day. When you do photoread 3 to 5 books a day, aim to activate one per week. However just practicing the photoreading step on one book per day is better than none.

From what you write you understand the system... you just need to pull it together and get it working for you.

Alex

#31196 09/19/02 05:06 AM
Jeabp Offline OP
OP Offline

AlexK thanks for your reply.

Most of the books I photoread, I just photoread for practise. but if I want to read a book, I usually photoread it first. I dont know if it helps, but it wont hurt.

If I photoread the assigned pages before lectures, I think I comprehent better, but I dont think I gain additional information, I did not know before.

Another thing. the other day I was looking ind a book (witch I had photoread several times but nok activated)for some information and told myself to turn to the page where the information was, and I could not. A half an hour later thow I was thinking of something else I did not understand. and 5 min later when a opened the book (for another reason) I opened it on the page with that particular quistions answer.

Jeanette

#31197 09/19/02 03:32 AM

i havw question also:

When you photoread, do your eye balls move? or it just keep focus at the center of the imaginary X?

Another question is: how to photo fokus a book which is unlike the size of Natural Brilliance book but the size of normal college text book which is larger in size?

Thanks!

#31198 09/19/02 07:29 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Jeabp,
When you practice activating a few books you find yourself getting more hits when you look for information. Activation becomes the training for finding answers in the book. The more often you do it the better you get at it.

quote:
When you photoread, do your eye balls move? or it just keep focus at the center of the imaginary X?

Another question is: how to photo fokus a book which is unlike the size of Natural Brilliance book but the size of normal college text book which is larger in size?

Your eyes remain focused on the the center of the imaginary X because you have all four outer corners of the book in view it becomes unnecessary for your eyeballs to move. Just remember to allow yourself to blink.

The method is the same for larger books. You might have to move them a bit further away if you have difficulty seeing both pages at once. Most find that a distance of 12 to 18 inches (30-45cm) is a comfortable photoreading distance. If you are sitting comforatably at a desk there should be no problem with seeing both pages of a normal text book while photoreading.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved