Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#31222 09/20/02 11:35 AM
Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

Sorry to confuse you Margaret, I want to learn to use more of my brain so I have a higher IQ, better memory, attention span, learning ability, photoreading, etc. I am just trying to figure the best and easiest way to go about it and it sounds like MO may be where I need to start so thank you both for your input.

#31223 09/20/02 08:16 PM

Alex, if you have those 2 books then you pretty much have MO.

Bryan, why not follow your intuition on where to go for the improvements you seek. Personally, i love Silva Mind Control and paraliminals. They work for me. For intuition, that Marcia Emery workbook and a guy, mgrego, really likes her book Power Hunch. I only got the workbook b/c it was $4.75 on half.com. The other was more expensive. Her many examples of how people access intuition for intuitive problem solving is very worthwhile. I've read so many books on intuition and this was the best for me. It was the easiest to do and get clear results at the same time.

MO is excellent. But, if i could read German, then i'd have bought her books that Alex mentions. If you speak German then buy the books & save yourself some $$$.

You know, self esteem will also help develop the areas you want. There are so many things that can be done. Finding out what will speak to your condition is the fastest road for you.

good luck

#31224 09/21/02 08:32 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The 2 books that I mentioned are good. Have a lot of exercises etc. Which makes them more useful than the Mind Map book by Tony Buzan.

The MO course does offer a lot more than those two books alone. Especially for people who are not visually creative. The books would be one heck of a frustration for someone who has difficulty visualising. If you hate mind mapping and image streaming the books wouldn't be the way to go.

The audio course offers a lot more than just those 2 techniques. There are techniques for people who prefer to learn by hearing as well as developing more creative thinking by playing some auditory games rather than just the visual ones. Techniques for using your time better for learning. It would be a shame to think that the course is limited to only those 2 ideas contained in those 2 books and overlook the rest of the 57 tricks and ideas that enhance your thinking offered by the Memory Optimizer course.

Alex

#31225 09/21/02 09:47 AM
Hel Offline

<The 2 books that I mentioned are good. Have a lot of exercises etc. Which makes them more useful than the Mind Map book by Tony Buzan.>

Alex, do those books teach mindmapping?

#31226 09/21/02 11:45 AM
Administrator
Administrator

No, Analograffiti, is a technique that has similarites to mind mapping. You record information both graphically and with words. Use it for problem solving, aiding memory, creative thinking etc. It also removes some of the inhibitations associated with mind mapping. Both books go into Analograffiti as well ABC lists.

From the exercises I have found some useful adapations for mind mapping and ah huhs in relation to mind mapping. I most certainly find it easier to break the mind map rules having seen where analograffiti can take you.

I found the mind mapping book lacking in useable exercises that help you get the feel of it, hence my comparison.

Alex

#31227 09/21/02 02:34 PM
Hel Offline

I understand what you mean. I have the mindmap book too. Looked at it a couple times. Did not feel inspired. I'll have a look at those two books when I get a chance. Would you please give me their German titles? Are they only available in German?

I've looked at the mindscape site that Margaret once provided the link for. The artwork looks great--but far beyond what I imagine myself doing!

I guess what I am saying is, my mindmaps are pretty rough and don't really follow any rules.

#31228 09/21/02 02:53 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Have you checked Vera's website? Thats how I found out about them. Both books were released in 2002, none of her books have been translated to english that I have found.

ABC-KREATIV Techniken zu kreativen Problem-Loesung.

Das grosse Analograffiti-Buch (Mine came with a CD haven't bothered listening to mine yet, and A3 poster)

Both by Vera F Birkenbihl

Alex

#31229 09/21/02 10:40 PM
Hel Offline

Alex, thank you.

#31230 09/23/02 11:07 AM
Mtt Offline

What exactly are Analograffiti and the ABC lists? I'm really curious. How do they improve memory and learning? I know they're contained within Mo and Vera's books, but it's unlikely that I'll be getting them anytime soon. How does MO complement PR? How is Analograffiti similar to Mindmapping, which I'm familiar with the latter?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved