Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31448 09/28/02 04:12 AM
OP Offline

I bought the photoreading book because I didn't have the money for the system. I do everything the way it is supposed to be done. I am a good student, with photoreading so far I have had the same level of comprehension as with regular reading, except a little faster/not as boring. I can read much faster w/ rapid read then I could before in regular reading, the first three steps speak for themselves however, I am confused with the activation. Generally I postreview, then super read and dip or skitter, and then create a mind map. When I am reading the book I see such things as how people are getting straight A's all the time on there tests or the person who photoread and his whole speech came to him in his dream the night before he made it. Do these people just photoread or do they activate too because activation time right now is taking a considerable amount of time and these people seem to get there work done in like 15-20 minutes. I'm confused and I am wondering when this is going to happen and what I have to do to ake it happen. I think it will happen eventually, but right now I am confused. Maybe I haven't been doing it for long enough now. Any help would be good, thanks.

-Tully-

#31449 09/28/02 04:44 AM

if you would like to improve spontaneous activation, this will help:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000899.html

#31450 09/28/02 10:37 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Tully12M,

For the most part when activation is done correctly Rapid reading is skipped altoghter. (I.E. no rapid reading is required). That's how we save a considerable amount of time. Yes I've activated books in 30 minutes and gotten more out of them than I would have with regular reading. No rapid reading.

After photoreading, postview briefly, unnecessary to superread or dip at this point. after avout 3 to 8 minutes postview, let the book rest. 20 or overnight if you can. Then proceed to activation. This is done in layers.

I posted an experiment with details of how I activated a book in 3 hours where that same book would normally have taken me 13 hours to regular read. This might give you an insight to the activation technique.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002346.html

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved