Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31473 09/30/02 03:32 AM
OP Offline

I thank the two who responded to my previous question about my activation trouble. The answer was exactly what I was looking for. My next question is what is the fastest and most efficient way to photoread a novel considering a novel is difficult to preview and super reading and dipping is also somewhat difficult on the comprehension level? Thanks again.

-Tully-

#31474 09/30/02 07:03 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The fastest most efficient way to handle a novel will still boil down to your purpose. If it is largely for pleasure reading then photoread skip superread and dip go straight to a rapid read. You'll find that you finish the book a lot faster yet still have the pleasure of enjoying it like a good movie.

If you need to go through a novel for a book review or required reading then superreading and dipping method of activation can help you focus on searching out the required parts of the book. For this you need to ask questions during activation relating to plot, characters etc.

I had written a 4 page article for activating novels and books without heading. Drop me an email if you would like a copy.

Alex

#31475 10/10/02 08:10 PM
OP Offline

Ok here is what I have so far, if anyone wants to take it further let me know. Becuase I like to find out all things instead of just some if someone could add to this let me know.
Activation Techniques:
1. Skitter/Dip
2. Super Read
3. Rapid Read
4. Mind Map
5. Image Stream
6. Freenote
7. Lucid Dreams
8. Spontaneous (I stil wish I was better at this one)
Any others that you use let me know of.

-Tully-

#31476 10/10/02 08:21 PM
OP Offline

I was also wondering if photoreading before bed induces spontaneous/dream recall activation. Thanks. Let me know how you make the system more efficient for your needs. Thanks a lot, especially Alex.

-Tully-

#31477 10/11/02 05:29 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, what you PhotoRead before going to sleep can play in your dream. The dream recall part is up to you. If you only vaguely remember your dreams you need to get into the habit of recording your dreams.

I personally see spontaneous activation fun to see what the mind is doing and is capable of, useful for stuff I'm not really in a hurry to know consciously. I see manual activation as the fastest way to get the best results.

One thing you can do to aid both spontaneous and manual activation. Spend less time on a preview and a bit more time on a post view of the text. Ultimately what makes the system more effient for your needs is 'using it' using the your skills at every opportunity. Noticing what works best for you.

I remember falling for a trick question on the forum once. Took up the challenge of photoreading a dictionary to find the answer. I decided to use my reverse dictionary since most of the dictionaries are pretty poor on definitions. Held the definiton in my mind while I PRed the book. Wasn't taking it seriously since I was photoreading the dictionary while chatting with someone on MSM. I had PRed the page and was moved to hold it to come back to that page for a closer look. Next thing I know I'm arguing with myself, hearing myself say thats the answer - no it's not -yes it is. You fell for it, it's was a trick question. You'd never find that in a dictionary because it's not the 'proper' definition. Well at least photoreading the words gave me the answer

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved