Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31490 10/01/02 02:00 AM
OP Offline

Good day! I am a new PhotoReader and I have to say that PhotoReading is indeed something amazing.

However, I have some questions which I hope that some experienced PhotoReaders could assist me.

Q1: When entering into PhotoFocus is it compulsory to see the blip page? I have difficulty seeing the blip page not that I can't see it but rather I would consciously read the words on the blip pages and the words would be all out of focus. I chose to sofly gaze on the center of the book and expand my vision on all 4 corners of the book. I feel more comfortable this way. Plus, the words on the pages seem to be 'alive' and 'pop out' from the pages although I have to stare at the pages for quite sometime (more or less 5 seconds). Am I on the right track?

Q2: After PhotoReading, I closed my eyes for the closing affirmation. There are images of the pages that I have read flashing in front of my eyes. So fast until I cannot see a thing and its all out of focus. Did that happen to anyone before?

Q3: I have problems activating. If I tried to Super Read and Dip or Skittering, I would overdo it. If I try to ask myself questions or mind probe, all I got back is just what I previewed if I can remember any. Any tips on improving activation?

Q4: About the tangerine affect, I can feel the tangerine but instead of feeling nice or pleasant about it I kinda feel like a really big lump at the top back of my head. Its weighing my head down after PhotoReading for a long time. And the longer I read the bigger it got and kinda trying to force my skull to grow bigger. Help?!

Q5: I know this is probably a dumb question but whenever I PhotoRead in the campus library, people keep looking at me like I'm some kind of moron who 'flips' his book 'upside down' and seem to be staring 'blankly' at the book. Anyone know how to shove this feeling off coz I can't really focus on what I'm doing with all this folks around me.

Lastly, PhotoReading is indeed something powerful. Using this technique I can do something in half an hours time which usually requires me 2 hours to complete. I hope to learn more and improve on my PhotoReading.

Thanks. Spontaneous Activation Rulez~~~~!!!!!

[This message has been edited by YeeSeang (edited September 30, 2002).]

#31491 10/01/02 04:33 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by YeeSeang:

Q1: When entering into PhotoFocus is it compulsory to see the blip page? I have difficulty seeing the blip page not that I can't see it but rather I would consciously read the words on the blip pages and the words would be all out of focus. I chose to sofly gaze on the center of the book and expand my vision on all 4 corners of the book. I feel more comfortable this way. Plus, the words on the pages seem to be 'alive' and 'pop out' from the pages although I have to stare at the pages for quite sometime (more or less 5 seconds). Am I on the right track?

No need to see the blip page, soft gaze is fine, spend less time on it. It is unnecessary to get the words to come 'alive' and 'pop out' to photoread, let it happen naturally.

Q2: After PhotoReading, I closed my eyes for the closing affirmation. There are images of the pages that I have read flashing in front of my eyes. So fast until I cannot see a thing and its all out of focus. Did that happen to anyone before?

That can happen afterall you are asking to notice and acknowledge your bodymind signals. Take it as a sign that your inner mind is working on it.

Q3: I have problems activating. If I tried to Super Read and Dip or Skittering, I would overdo it. If I try to ask myself questions or mind probe, all I got back is just what I previewed if I can remember any. Any tips on improving activation?

Activation is done in layers, set a timer for your activation session if you only give yourself 30 minutes to superread and dip you need to avoid over doing it to get it done on time. Also note that you probably need to set yourself 4 or more activation sessions on your book to get the information to come to your conscious mind.

Q4: About the tangerine affect, I can feel the tangerine but instead of feeling nice or pleasant about it I kinda feel like a really big lump at the top back of my head. Its weighing my head down after PhotoReading for a long time. And the longer I read the bigger it got and kinda trying to force my skull to grow bigger. Help?!

Wow you got a great imagination, if it can make it bigger and heavier imagine it maintaining a reasonable size. While page turning see it getting lighter with each flip of the page.

Q5: I know this is probably a dumb question but whenever I PhotoRead in the campus library, people keep looking at me like I'm some kind of moron who 'flips' his book 'upside down' and seem to be staring 'blankly' at the book. Anyone know how to shove this feeling off coz I can't really focus on what I'm doing with all this folks around me.

What do you care what other people think? If you notice them staring at you wave at them. Rather than shoving the feeling off, notice it. It keeps your conscious mind distracted while you are photoreading. Use the feeling as a tool.

Lastly, PhotoReading is indeed something powerful. Using this technique I can do something in half an hours time which usually requires me 2 hours to complete. I hope to learn more and improve on my PhotoReading.

You said it so what difference does it make what other people think when you photoread in the library?

Alex

#31492 10/01/02 10:25 AM
Hel Offline

Q5. Alex is right. But if the other people's reactions to your PRing do turn out to be too much of a distraction or strain on you, then find yourself a private little corner and PR there.

Often, it's the upside-down book that gets people's attention. So if and when you must PR in a public place where there's quite a bit of people traffic, then PR with the book right side up.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved