Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32032 10/21/02 09:30 AM
OP Offline

I think wrongly sometimes , like i want to hide my photoreading course from other people competing with me.
I have negative thoughts like this that keep me away from happiness. I really want PR to work , and then i wish to tell people about it.
But i dont want them to see it and then get it too because maybe it fails for me and works for them and then im the only one suffering at the end from buying the course.

I hate negative thoughts like these, also am very depressed.
Also i think i have Social Phobia and really wish to get rid of this too.

Also i always fail my english exams.

PLZ HELP ME WITH THESE ANNOYING PROBLEMS.

#32033 10/21/02 10:56 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by mathematician:

But i dont want them to see it and then get it too because maybe it fails for me and works for them and then im the only one suffering at the end from buying the course.

I think everyone to some degree or another feels this way when they come across something they feel is unique. It's part of human nature.

I hate negative thoughts like these, also am very depressed.
Also i think i have Social Phobia and really wish to get rid of this too.

If you want to get away from thoughts like these you need to acknowlege that you have them. Judging them good or bad will only keep them coming back. Saying yes I have this thought you are on your way to finding alternatives. As long as you keep telling yourself the thoughts are bad, annoying wanting them to go away you stay focused on and what you focus on is what you get.

You have the photoreading course? You've got the memory supercharger... us that to pull up the positive memories (even if they seem rare you've got some that can pull you through this and your depression.) Put the tape in and tell yourself that you will remember good thoughts and feelings you have had in the past and want to build on these thoughts.

Also i always fail my english exams. I would like to point out that statements like this become self fulfilling prophecies. Try saing something like I allow myself to improve in my English exams and get my best passing grade.

PLZ HELP ME WITH THESE ANNOYING PROBLEMS.

You've already made a start, noticing that these things trouble you. There are many ways you can overcome these problems. Know that it is a step-by-step thing and the next thing you need to do is go easy on yourself. If someone else told you they had this problem you would not only understand them you would tell them it's OK, that some way there is a way to overcome this problem.

BTW - my brother failed his english (and all other subjects that required reading skills) exams to the point that the headmaster wanted him to quit school. My brother understood one fundamental thing about his situation. The methods they were using to teach him failed to help him overcome his dyslexia. However as long as he chose to learn he had the right to continue his education and did finish to obtain his school certificate. He recognised that the exams will never show his true abilities simply because he couldn't do them the way they were set out. Never the less he did acquire the knowledge. Nobody knows and nobody cares how he went in the exams.

Alex

#32034 10/26/02 02:15 PM
OP Offline

Thanks for your reply.I think i am exacly like ur brother, i will pray for him with me for us to demonstrate our true abilities later in time.Also tell him that God makes everything turn out right even if you cant see the solution right in your path.
You really do help a lot of people alex.
" He recognised that the exams will never show his true abilities" i think this is my case too. I get really mad and think theres some evil that is stopping me from getting what i really deserve . I really do know the work.
Thanks again
Mathematician .........

#32035 10/26/02 02:36 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I wrote a short article on memory loss during exams (3 pages). Let me know if you would like a copy. It might help you to understand what is happening and what you might be able to do about it.

BTW my brother has an interesting job now

Alex

#32036 10/26/02 09:25 PM
Dan Offline

quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
I wrote a short article on memory loss during exams (3 pages). Let me know if you would like a copy. It might help you to understand what is happening and what you might be able to do about it.

BTW my brother has an interesting job now

Alex

Alex can you pls send me a copy
thanks Dan

#32037 10/27/02 02:04 AM
OP Offline

me too , my email is truemathematician@hotmail.com.

Cool, what job?

#32038 10/27/02 05:46 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Dan,

Email me so that I have your email. I don't save email address after I sent out the articles requested and I am on another computer at the moment.

Mathemathician,
Unfortunately I am not permitted to say what exactly his job is

Sending the article as requested.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved