Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32127 10/23/02 07:36 PM
AlexM Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,
I was wondering how I can use the dream play tape for activation of a book. How would I phrase my purpose? And would I side A or B?

Thanks,

Alex McClain

Administrator
Administrator

I suggest you use side B, Follow the basic instuctions as given on the cover (drink glass water etc). Photoread the intended book just prior to drinking your water, stating your desired outcome and going to sleep.

Since getting prepared (getting water, placing notepad and pen by the bed etc) will show your intent, after photoreading drink the water all you really need to do at this point,is tell yourself 'I will have a dream that explores the content/story in this book.' 'I will remember the dream and will understand the dream.'

When you wake up, at any time write down anything you remember about your dream don't try understanding it as you write just write it down as it comes to you. You can be more specific in your purpose, as to what you want from the book. That really depends on what you want and believe you can experience from a dream.

Telling yourself that you want a dream about the book is important. Telling yourself that you want to 'remember and understand' the dream is probably the most important part of successfully activating a book in a dream.

Alex

quote:
Telling yourself that you want a dream about the book is important. Telling yourself that you want to 'remember and understand' the dream is probably the most important part of successfully activating a book in a dream.

Alex, I have had some funny thoughts about what you wrote. In the Sedona Method course, specifically the session about stating goals, Hale says that "do not want to" rather "allow yourself to". He says that wanting often means "not getting". Some questions, do you always get results by stating you want to dream on a book? Do you think that you would get better results by stating "I allow myself to..." or do you think you get results equally in either way?
quote:
Since getting prepared (getting water, placing notepad and pen by the bed etc) will show your intent, after photoreading drink the water all you really need to do at this point,is tell yourself 'I will have a dream that explores the content/story in this book.' 'I will remember the dream and will understand the dream.'
Again I have comments/questions from that very same section from the Sedona Method course. Hale says that we should not state goals in the future, he says that the future seems never to come. And again, he says to state the goals in "I allow myself to..." fashion. Do you have gotten results stating your goals for Dream Play in the future? Always? He also says that we should ask ourselves to do our goals, not forcing ourselves (as in the I-have-to style goals); again, the same I-allow-myself thing; and all of this is because of our resistance to be commanded to do things, even from ourselves.

Just some comments/questions.

Administrator
Administrator

Not everyone is familar with Sedona Method.

quote:
Some questions, do you always get results by stating you want to dream on a book?

Yes I personally have... this has worked for me long before I came across the Sedona Method

quote:
Do you think that you would get better results by stating "I allow myself to..." or do you think you get results equally in either way?
I have not gotten better results, in fact my results went backwards. So I reviewed. I realised that Programing for a dream is no longer a future 'goal' it is a present tense intention. Because you do it just before you go to sleep. Like getting a glass of water... I don't muck around going I allow myself to get a glass of water I just act on my intention.. the 'I will get a glass of water' intention.

It's one thing to say, while sitting on your butt, 'I will allow myself to wash the dishes' (future goal) and another to say 'I will wash the dishes now' (present intent). Notice I used the term 'I will have a dream' dream for programing (not I want a dream) I used the term 'want' later to 'explain' the need focusing on the outcome you desire. I opted for this word because there are many people from many nations that may be reading this forum who are not that familiar with the english language. The word want is one of the first taught and most people are familiar with it's general meaning.

Personally I equate the word 'will' with personnal intent (in the present sense)... It seems so did Lester Levenson (the father of the Sedona Method).

While the Sedona Method does help me to locate and clear up blocks, allowing myself to reach a goal... keeps it in the future. For me, my present will/intention to work toward a goal proves to be more powerful. That is why I prefer the Natural Brillance for working towards a goal, it focus' on identifying the goal first, releasing the blocks.

To say 'I will have a dream tonight' is stating the obvious since we dream every night. To say 'I will remember' is merely reminding your inner mind to remember and it's a funny thing, people who say that do tend to remember.

I have successfully used that method of dream programming for 12 years. This is method of instructing the inner mind into action and has produced many positive results. The Sedona Method is for instructing the conscious mind and in particular the emotions that create the blockages... which tends to impose limits on the inner mind. For the inner mind all is 'now'... there is no past there is no future it's all now. Dreams are a product of the inner mind.

The Sedona Method is powerful in releasing emotional attachments that impose limits and doubts upon our ability. That play in our conscious mind.

Our will and intent are powerful tools for motivating our inner mind into actions towards our goals. By releasing on the emotions you open up a clearer connection inner mind with the conscious mind.

Alex

Thanks Alex. Just a few comments from my experience.
quote:
While the Sedona Method does help me to locate and clear up blocks, allowing myself to reach a goal... keeps it in the future. For me, my present will/intention to work toward a goal proves to be more powerful. That is why I prefer the Natural Brillance for working towards a goal, it focus' on identifying the goal first, releasing the blocks.
In itself, the Natural Brilliance model has helped me, yes, but I have yet being unable to remove all of the blockages that get me back and prevent me to get my goals. Not that the N/B model is a failure, it is not; but I need something more. I'm thinking on substituting/combining the N/B Releasing with the Sedona Releasing. I just have to play with both of them in order to get the right combination. The S/M has proven to be so effective to me that I think it would be better for the release phase on N/B.

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited October 28, 2002).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved