Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32139 10/24/02 02:25 AM
mads Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,
After reading all the posts I understand that you do PR and are satisfied with it. Can u tell me exactly how u go abt it. Is it just like given in the PR book or have u got any variation that seems to work for u better than ones outlined in the PR book. This might help all who are getting into PR 2.
Thnx
mads

#32140 10/24/02 05:04 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I learnt to PhotoRead by reading the Instuctions on the front page first. How to Read this book in 25 minutes. Then I decided to read the book as instucted on that page... I figured the 'author' was going to show me something by advising me to read the book in this fashion.

Yes the author showed me something alright. I discovered that you can learn heaps from a book without reading every word, even skipping whole paragraphs. I figured if an author who wrote a book intended to teach me something (reading in fact) can tell me that quite a few paragraphs in 'his' book can be overlooked and I would still get the important information that I needed to learn something. Then I can surely skip a lot of paragraphs and understand a book that is just 'explaining' something to understand what is being explained. Another thing that I noticed on the very first page.

quote:
Resist temptation to read all the paragraphs next to all icons during the first time you scan through the book. Comprehension will be higher if you go through the book more than once.

Another interesting lesson contained in that.

When I went through the tape course I followed it step by step. When Paul said stop the tape and try this I did exactly that. I didn't worry about getting it right... I just did it to see what would happen if I tried it as Paul said. Whatever happened I just thought Interesting. When I tried to see the blip page and couldn't I just let it go. I already understood I didn't 'have' to see the blip page afterall the little Einstein was right next to a paragraph that said no blip no problem. So I just finished the tape and decided to play with the blip page later. Went outside looked out at my backfence pulled a book up without changing my focus and there it was, the blip page. Holding it was another trick I learnt in a coupld of days. I just printed out 12 magic eye pictures different sizes (some A4 and others the size of a wallnut) in black & white. For the next 2 days I looked at them 2 or 3 times in the day. I found they jumped quickly into focus and I found myself holding the blip page.

With the tangerine... I have an adversion for them, dislike the smell, taste and sight of them so I whne went through the motions I changed the tangerine into an energy ball inn my mind. However I used my physical hands to pretend that I was holding this energy ball. Tossed it moving my hands as if I had a ball in my hand and physically moved my hand to the back of my head to place the 'tangerine' the first time... thereafter I only needed to use my memory to recreate the experience.

Now I just use the system. Used it at every opportunity... On the whole I still do all the steps, just faster now. Preview I use a little less and usually do a 5 minute postview then put the book down. I find that by putting the book down for at least 20 minutes the book is easier to activate.

I also found it useful to hold one question I want answered by the book in my mind while photoreading. I can find the answer while photoreading that way.

For activation I use as many activation passes as I require to gain the comprehension out of a book. For books that I want to fully activate I use the same method as I did for my test/experiment.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002346.html

On the whole I just never worried about doing it right I just did it the way Paul wrote in his book how to do it and explained on the tapes how to to it. I figured that once I felt comfortable with the parts that came easy enough I get the rest sorted out as I go along and later I could always concentrate on each aspect alone. Since I knew how long it took me to read an average book and how well I understood the book before I started I was pleased when I discovered that from my first book it took me less than 1/3 the time it used to take me and I felt I understood the book better than I ever had before. I decided it made no difference If I never got any faster since now I already had the ability to read 3 books in the time it used to take 'me' to read one. Since 95% of the population would still be on their first book when I'd be on my 3rd I thought 'cool'.

I just used the photoreading system and wow it got even better naturally... no real effort. Now I know... any book I photoread I will get through at 1/3 the speed that it used to take me by regular reading. Yet many books take even less time than that. Some books I resonate with the author and can get through in minutes others that I used to give up on I can get through in a couple of hours. From never to a couple of hours now that opens doors

If I were to sum up how to do photoreading.

If it's worth doing... it's worth doing badly at first. Do the steps as outlined everytime you photoread notice the parts that went soothly ignore those that lacked the polish you desire, know that each time you do the steps you do get better at it. Activation may take a couple of passes more and even there you gain by experiencing more of your conscious mind / inner mind connection.

Alex

#32141 10/24/02 06:07 PM
mads Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks a lot for the very informative reply. i am motivated to try PR and will stick with it no matter what.
thanks a lot again.
mads

#32142 10/24/02 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mads:
Thanks a lot for the very informative reply. i am motivated to try PR and will stick with it no matter what.
thanks a lot again.
mads

AlexK,

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm still not giving up because I'm gonna keep trying to succeed.

Abl25 =)

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved