Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32175 10/24/02 10:04 PM
KWLee Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi. This post is an invitation for you to discuss your attitude towards PR, particularly those who have had some success with using the process. I've don't think I've seen this question come up very often here, though I may be wrong, and I think it's quite crucial to success. In particular, I notice that those who seem to really want PR to work and constantly monitor it for results and are absolutely determined seem to struggle the most with it. Of course, this is just my own opinion.

In my own case, PR is not the first time I've crossed paths with other-than-conscious absorption of reading material. I did the Subliminal Dynamics course some years ago, and came away with, well, less than satisfactory results. I believed that the system could work, but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get it to work. Really frustrating!

When I came to PR, I decided to give it a complete retry and start with a more experimental and playful attitude. It's not that it's not vital I get it right. In many ways, I do need to successfully use it. But I don't focus on it. I just experiment and try and play with the process, as I have done since I found this board a month or two ago. As some of you know, I've had a decent amount of success. (I've far from mastered it. It's just that I think I've done pretty well, looking back.)

My results are as follows:
I now attend lectures fully prepared, and am able to follow the discussion fully. My dream processes have increased, which is hardly surprising. I've had experiences of these before. I'm now able to cover material very quickly. Perhaps I don't have as high a comprehension level as I used to do, as I am a very analytical person when it comes to studies. However, the gain in speed more than compensates. I used to cover a chapter in about 3 hours. Now it takes me maybe 10 minutes to get the idea, and a few more to smoke out the remaining ideas. I've become a lot more sensitive to the drift of the discussion. Still, understanding the mathematical arguments and definitions still takes me longer. All in all, when I think about it, all I need to push the material fully to activation is to write an article on it. The advantage PR gives me is I can do this with syntopic reading, and it gives me a much better perspective of my work. Plus, I realised today how much more confident I am. (Which is saying a lot, since I'm used to being quite confident about it anyway. )

It wasn't smooth sailing all the way, though you might say I probably had less trouble than most. I think the experience of learning PR is of value in itself because it helps you evaluate the ways in which you accomplish your goals and your attitude towards reading material. I acknowledge it when I feel stuck, and then experiment with different approaches until I think the process in going for me. The forum has been an invaluable resource for me, with all the great people here. Thanks for all your advice!

In a sense I'm placing this post in the hope of benefitting the people who are still in the very early stages of the system. Don't give up! It's a great system. Just remember to use the NOPS formula. Play with the process, and you'll get it to work!

Hope this helps,
KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited October 24, 2002).]

#32176 10/25/02 02:43 AM

KW,
Wonderful post It's so valuable for all new people to post their successes for inspiration.

#32177 10/25/02 07:45 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by KWLee:
accomplish your goals and your attitude towards reading material.

Just remember to use the NOPS formula. Play with the process, and you'll get it to work!

KWLee, I just wanted to highlight 2 these points

People need to remember 'their' goals... noticing how long it took them to do their required reading before they applied photoreading. If you've never managed to crawl though a chapter of your textbook, giving up and relying totally on what you've been taught in class and are now spending time opening that textbook... You've come a long way for you!

It doesn't matter how fast someone else could or would activate that textbook nor how fast someone else learnt to photoread. It's a skill that 'you' are developing and getting better at the more you use it.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited October 25, 2002).]

#32178 10/25/02 10:15 AM

X-skill + PR skill i try,but still cannot use,i can only see blip page

#32179 10/25/02 10:44 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Uncle.

What steps are you doing? Tell us where you are getting stuck so we can help you to go on.

Alex

#32180 10/26/02 09:53 AM
KWLee Offline OP
OP Offline

I'd like to add on a few more experiences I had today.

As I did the 3-2-1 technique today, I had a little trouble getting emotionally open. In the past, I would have tried to ignore it and "get on with things". Today, I decided to take a different tack. I acknowledged it sweetly, and mentally "saw" the tension/block. It looked like a little silver ball that was intent to blocking my "emotional funnel". (Sorry. Dealing with personal imagery here. ) So I took it and danced about a little with it and found it quite friendly. I then held its hand and we both sat at the side to watch the show that was the book to be PRed. Personally, I think this is an application of the NOPS formula as well, although perhaps not quite in the usual sense . Later, I even managed to get it to be useful by using it instead of the tangerine.

During the PR process today, I again entered the flow state. Again, it seemed a little difficult at first. Maintaining the photofocus was slightly easier, but al sorts of thoughts were rushing through my mind. The chant wasn't helping much, and the breathing just a little.

Then it clicked! I just entered the flow state. I just KNEW I as absorbing all the information and even became very excited. I just kept flipping pages back and forth. This time, I think I managed to note down one of the key things that triggered of this state.

At first, even though I was relaxed enough, I still had slight nagging doubts about my ability to PR. I suppose I could have acknowledged these, but I didn't manage to do much about it. At some point during the PR process, though, I thought,"Hey, what if I just accept that I AM photoreading the material. It's just a different way of placing information in my mind. If I were reading, I'd be very interested and excited by now. Let's try that attitude."

The very second I decided to accept the PR process that way, things came into focus. I was in state! I started noticing and encouraging the interested and excited feelings as I PRed. To cut a long story short, it was another satisfactory session.

Okay. I'll stop blathering here.

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited October 26, 2002).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved