Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32241 10/26/02 10:18 PM
Publius Offline OP
OP Offline

In the September issue of "Men's Health," I came across this interesting tidbit (I was drawn to it while superreading and dipping following PR):

"Can't Remember those numbers you just read? Read them again. Except this time, pause after each section, look straight ahead, and move your eyes back-and-forth -- right-to-left, left-to-right -- for twenty seconds. 'Alternating left-right eye movements activates both sides of the brain simultaneously, which leads to improved memory,' says Stephen Christman, Ph.D., a professory of psychology at the University of Toledo. In one study, people shifting their eyes remembered words 23 percent better than those not pretending to watch a tennis match."

Anyone else familiar with this technique and have any thoughts on using it with PR? You are moving your eyes to and fro when Rapid Reading, but I've started doing this 20-second eye exercise right after PRing a book. Does anyone have other ideas on when/how to apply this? Maybe right before an activation session?

Publius

#32242 10/28/02 11:53 AM

Very interesting.
I have a friend who has an excellent memory for learning the details she reads in books and often if she's having problems remembering info you can see her moving her eyes back and forth like you mentioned.

Nick

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved