Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

1) Are there any other (easy) methods to reach the relaxed learning state?
2) A friend of my told my about a brainmachine, but what does this machine do?
3) I have also heard that one can study at high level when he is in the alfha state. Do we have to be in this state for PR?

This site has the info you are looking for regarding mind machines. I'm also interested in this topic, but I don't want to spend money on it until I can find someone that has exprienced it. http://www.toolsforwellness.com/

Can anyone give us more info about mind machines for accelerated learning?

Hi!

"1) Are there any other (easy) methods to reach the relaxed learning state?"

You mean besides the 3-2-1 method suggested by Paul Scheele? Oh yes. But they're about the same, really. There's Silva, a few breathing techniques and others which are less relevant to learning, which include things like sophrology. Of course, some mind machines do that as well, though I am personally not entirely happy to let one put me into the accelerative learning state when I can do it (and faster) myself. With practice, you'll be able to enter the state with a breath.

"2) A friend of my told my about a brainmachine, but what does this machine do?"

As you have probably discovered from the Tools for Wellness site, there are a good many mind machines which accomplish different things. An outline (though maybe slightly outdated) of what they do can be found in Superlearning 2000. I am not qualified to comment further as I have not personally used these machines.

"3) I have also heard that one can study at high level when he is in the alfha state. Do we have to be in this state for PR?"

The short answer would be yes. You might even call the accelerative learning state the alpha level if you like. This is when the other than conscious mind is dominant, and you are most receptive to information.

KWLee

Administrator
Administrator

1) Are there any other (easy) methods to reach the relaxed learning state?

Yes, by doing the 3 to 1 method that Paul gives the easy way. It looks like a lot of work on 41 to 42 of the Photoreading book. Yet it's 3 simple things you do.

3 close eyes relax body
2 relax mind
1 in state

The book gives the general instuctions you say to yourself. Even easier is to use the tape where Paul guides you a few times. If you've ever used meditation tapes you've been guided already so... use your experience. In your hunt to find an "easier" method you are ignoring the easiest self training method I know of.

2) A friend of my told my about a brainmachine, but what does this machine do?

A Brain machine or a Light and Sound device can trigger increased brainwave functioning according to the setting of the device. You still need to allow yourself to relax. They can be used to good effect in learning to photoread if you already own one. At one time a brief outline how to use one for the different phases of the photoreading system was available on the lifetools site www.lifetools.com

If you decide to use one of these devices use them as training. Largely unnecessary since practice and experience will take you to the appropriate level of mind for each of the photoreading steps. They can add reassurance that 'you are there'. Helping you to let go of those hindering thoughts like "am I doing it right?" "am I deep enough?" etc. Instead allowing you to get into the "flow" of doing it. Once you just "did it" a few times it becomes natural to you. Use a brain machine or Light and sound device like training wheels on a bike.

3) I have also heard that one can study at high level when he is in the alfha state. Do we have to be in this state for PR?

Actually the best state to learn/study/work in is the 'flow' state. One where you are involved with the task at hand mentally, physically and emotionally. The task needs to be engaging enough that it is a bit of a challenge. If brainwave activity were measured at this point there would probably be an increase of alpha activity.

An increase of alpha activity is desireable for the photoreading stage. It is easy to achieve. Aplha activity increases when visual activity decreases. So if you want to trigger alpha, close your eyes. To hold onto a stronger alpha pattern keep them closed and relax yourself (as explained on page 42 of the photoreading book) when you open your eyes you have photofocus. Because you are not directly looking at the words on the page you have enough alpha activity.

The accelerated learning state really just a relaxed body, relaxed mind focused on the task at hand and this is how we tell that we are at the right level. To tell that we have enough alpha activity... we do the 3 to 1 in a relaxed manner, say the affirmations and do it.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved