Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HSJ Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi!

I was wondering what you think of my method of activating books. I do all the usual rounds, preview, PR, activate. In the activation I use what I think is a little bit odd way of activation: I try to think of a page number from the book in question that will have the info I need or the next bit of info that I will find fascinating in that subject field.

What this amounts to, when it works (usually fairly well), is that I basically tear the information in the book apart and rearrange it to my liking. What I mean is that I read the info in the order that is the most meaningful to me (of course this is not my invention, I'm sure you're familiar with the concept already). But does anyone else try to jump to a page per number and then dip into the text, thus activating the relavant parts of the book?

Or would you recommend that I super read the book starting from page 1 and continuing through the book until the end, dipping along the way as necessary?

Of course in the end I use rapid reading as needed.

I don't see what's wrong with your approach. As long as it works for you, it's fine. In fact, it probably helps you achieve a higher level of comprehension. After you've done that, though, superreading can help pick up bits and pieces which you might have missed during the process.

KWLee

Administrator
Administrator

I usually just open the book where I think the answer will be. Within a few pages of superreading and dipping I usually have the answer to my intial mind probing questions and then some.

Whatever works best.

Alex

Interesting that you should mention that, Alex. I have noted that I don't really s/r in the normal sense anymore. I just flip the pages and instinctively dip where I think I'll find the answer to whatever questions I form.

KWLee

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved