Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

well i had a good knack at photoreading for a while back i only did one book and im not sure if i got it right .. and as time has progressed my study load has piled p so im giving this a another shot .. my main problem was getting into the alpha state i still need help on this and i still dont get the tangerine thing i know i had it once bt i dont see the use of it .. and also when i did photo read the book my eyes got distracted by the pictres .. and whats a good page flip rate and also i read the suggestion photo read backwards and pside down any comments on this also one ther thing .. any good suggestions on hotoreading in progession like i dont want to photoread the entire book just a chapter or tw at a time anyone reccomend a regimene for this and if razorduo and andy something still are on theboards just saying hi one more thing super reading.. still not flly clear about this i one time when looking for vocab words i pt my finger at the top-middle of the page and followed my finger down the page and the words sort of jumped out to me i had no concious recall of the other words though was this sperreadin or what thanks for all the help one last thing has anyone noticed improved vision all around AFTER sing photoreading.. or does anyone know anything out there they cold reccomend for sharpening vision besides glasses and contacts thanks

Hi. Just my take on your questions:

What exactly about getting into alpha is giving you trouble? If you find that it's difficult to enter a relaxed state of mind, you might want to just follow your breathing with your mind for a few moments before doing the 3-2-1 technique. You will probably find that it slows down and you become more relaxed. Also, doing the 3-2-1 lying down helps. Don't worry too much about "getting there", though, as this brings you back to beta. Just don't worry. Act as though you are there, and eventually you will be. You might want to loosen tight clothing before going into alpha.

The tangerine helps with peripheral vision and activates your brain for information processing. To see its effect, try doing some reading before and after you use the tangerine. I think you'll find a difference. If you don't think the tangerine's doing much for you, you can try imagining that you're peering over your own head when you photoread.

A good flip rate is whatever is comfortable for you. The other than conscious mind can pick up the information as fast as we can flip, so that's no worry. Turning one page for every syllable of the chant is one good way of doing it. (Personally, when I really get into it, I turn two pages for every syllable.) Keeping your breathing deep and even during the PR step helps you remain in a relaxed state.

If you want to photoread just a chapter or two, the standard recommendation is that you photoread starting from the chapter before the one you want and ending one chapter after the last one you want. This way, you "sandwich" the sections you want with a chapter each.

Hope this helps.

KWLee

Administrator
Administrator

It's still recommended that you photoread the entire textbook at the beginning. (before activating any of the chapters). It will give you an edge when it comes to activation both in class and while studying.

It isn't alpha that you 'have to' get into it's your accelerative learning state. It just a relaxed alert frame of mind in preparation to learning and studying. If you just do the 3 to 1 step as explained on page 42 of the photoreading book... you'll have it in no time. If you got the tapes... let Paul guide you. If you followed the steps thats deep enough and relaxed enough for you.

The tangerine helps to open the mind for reading... triggering your best awareness for regular reading. It speeds up preview and superreading and dipping.

For improving vision I have a doc from a vision improvement site with exercises geared toward improving vison. Including peripheral vision.

Email me if you would like copy.

Alex

A related discussion by AlexK on the ideal state of learning can be found here. While the main discussion revolves around the activation state, I think you'll find it useful.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002689.html

KWLee

OP Offline

well alex you have been a great help but the page 42thing.. i read it and tried it bt it just doesnt work... im always very tense i think that may be the problem any quicker or easier ways. you know of.. and also.. that imagine a flower in the minds eye??? that makes no sense to me.. and i dont know whqat your eamil is but im very interested in that doctor thing you have.. is it proven .. since i dont have your email could you mail it to me.. CallSignBishop@hotmail.com i would appreciate it well im off to work out... Glad my somking amendment got passed i am perhaps learning strategies will recieve a tremendous boost in there stop smoking paraliminal tape sales haha later everyone

Administrator
Administrator

Just smile and relax. Think of your favourite flower in the favourite colour. Thats enough for seeing it in your minds eye. My email address is available under my profile or the envelope. The article is on the way

Alex

Also, use the "4-3-2-1" chant while flipping those pages. It really helps keep your conscious mind focused and engaged while you absorb pagesful of text at a glance with the rod vision in your cornea.

OP Offline

oh great the rod vision?? i dont remeber anything in the book about the rod.. and that chant i cant follow that.. like today i tried photo reading a book and when i went to the superreading part or wahtever i would go over fast and then get distracted and switch into normal reading i had o keep telling myself to get out of that and go back to the other thing .. im still majorly lost and it doesnt help at all that i moved and now i cant find my book.. so now im up a creek well anymore suggestions im open to im taking the test today well see how well i did not that i will get discouraged cuz i dont even know if i photoread it right or not ill find out when it comes to test time... and alex have you actually looked more into these methods in the articl you sent me (i havent gotten yet checking in a minute ) thanks again everyone

Administrator
Administrator

Photoread the book upside down... that will prevent you from falling into regular reading.

Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Wanna fly an F-16:
oh great the rod vision?? i dont remeber anything in the book about the rod..

Go back and study chapter 3 in the little blue PhotoReading book.

quote:
and that chant i cant follow that..

Just keep at it. You can do it!

quote:
like today i tried photo reading a book and when i went to the superreading part or wahtever i would go over fast and then get distracted and switch into normal reading

Wait...what were all of your Mind Probing questions before you began SuperReading & Dipping, and Mind Mapping?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved