Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mads Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,
i want to study a book on c and OpenGL. How would I go about this in PR? As you might know there are many things that have to be committed to memory when I do this. Almost every page(that is what I would like). But using PR, I will have to do the studying anyway. So how does using PR help me in this case as I will be slowly studying each and every page to get all the info into my conscious mind for proper recall. I hope my question is clear. I want to know if there is some method by which I can have fatual material in my mind for instant recall as programming is something where this is required.
thanks
Mads

mads Offline OP
OP Offline

i am looking at something that will give me 100% recall. I have had experience of 100% recall in other studies using other methods that juat cannot b applied to studying a technical book. i am sure i will have a subconscious recollection of material using PR but how do i make it available to the conscious mind so that i can apply formuale or syntax etc when i have to do it.
mads

Administrator
Administrator

It is unrealistic to expect 100% recall. No one is able to do that and have and have a useable understanding of the text. Do you just want to know what the book says or have gain a useable skill? If you want to memorise the book word for word then there are techniques you can use to be able to recite the text like a parrot. Parrots don't write programs though

Photoreading will still help make the studying process faster. If it takes you 50 hours to get through the book by regular reading you can reduce this to 15 hours by useing the photoreading technique. Mind map the concepts and major ideas as you activate the book, associate some of the codes with these concepts and a lot more will fall into place. Because you've photoread the book (maybe 12 times) You may find that some codes you know instinctively anyway. If you want it to stay in your conscious memory you have to use what you have learnt. That's why it's a good idea to make mind maps, fast to review taking only a minute or 2 rather than rereading sections of the book.

Alex

If you want to learn factual information and commit it to your conscious memory you will need to apply memory technique

mads Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,
what memory techniques did u have in mind?
mads

Administrator
Administrator

http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002670.html

You seem to already know the techniques.

Alex

mads Offline OP
OP Offline

i asked what u had in mind to see if they are better or will work for study materials.
mads

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved