Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

I just started a BSc degree course in Information Technology and I am having some difficulty grasping certain concepts.

How can I use photo reading to help me in this matter. I have used it before on other books with good results but since the nature of these books is very technical I guess the approach must be different. For example should I photoread the books more than once? cause its never mentioned in the PR course.

mind you there are no endless lines of code, but diagrams, steps of algorithms but mostly paragraphs of text.

any input is welcome

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
having some difficulty grasping certain concepts

The basic technique remain the same. However since the text is technicial and more challenging for you, you'll want to spend more time activating to gain a better understanding. Photoreading the book every day for a couple of weeks will help.

Remember to treat each chapter as a book on it's own when activating. Give it as many activation passes as you require. prior to activating the chosen chapter photoread it, plus the 2 chapters before as well as 2 chapters following. By photoreading the other 4 chapters as well you round out you inner minds knowledge as it relates to the chapter you are activating.

Make a Mind Map of each chapter as you activate it. Quickly review it prior to activating the next chapter to aid your long term memory of the information.

Good luck with your studies
Alex

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

so if I understand correctly, i must:

1. photoread the whole book a couple of times, say 15 times, once every day (or i can PR more than once a day?).

2. After PR, start activation process but first PR again including the 4 chapters in between.

3. Start activation procees making multiple passes + creating mindmaps of each chapter.

Also can I start activation during the actual PR process, lets say day 1 instead of PR only, I could first photoread the whole book and then start a short activation of say chapter one, then on day 2 PR again and try to reactivate chapter one. Am I making this clear enough?

This way, I would not "waste time" photoreading without actually having any conscious awareness of the informaton.

I know PR is the key of this system so please don't think it is useless. I just wanted to know If I can do things concurrently or does this interfere with how information woul be stored in the inner mind?

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by adrian:
so if I understand correctly, i must:

1. photoread the whole book a couple of times, say 15 times, once every day (or i can PR more than once a day?).[b]

Once a day is enough, if you want to do more you may do if you 'want' to.

quote:
[b]2. After PR, start activation process but first PR again including the 4 chapters in between.

Yes that is helpful.

quote:
3. Start activation procees making multiple passes + creating mindmaps of each chapter.

Yes

quote:
start activation during the actual PR process, lets say day 1 instead of PR only, I could first photoread the whole book and then start a short activation of say chapter one, then on day 2 PR again and try to reactivate chapter one. Am I making this clear enough?

Yes, you can do that. you can activate each chapter over a number of days if that is the easiest way for you to work.

quote:
This way, I would not "waste time" photoreading without actually having any conscious awareness of the informaton.

I know PR is the key of this system so please don't think it is useless. I just wanted to know If I can do things concurrently or does this interfere with how information woul be stored in the inner mind?

Yes, you can do things concurrently. It helps if you have photoread the whole book first and done a short postview (15 minutes the whole book if it's a technical one should do it. just to get a general overview of the book) let it rest 'once', thereafter you can fall into immediate activation of that book when you photoread it again.

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

WOW. That's great help... thanks a lot.

One more question please.

Can I use the whole mind reading system with multiple subjects at the same time. Say, I photo read a whole Maths book, and then PR a Pascal Programming book at the same or at one go, or say I allow 30 minutes between PR one and the other.

Obviously, i have different subject and want to use this system for all subjects. can it be done without confusing the inner mind with different subjects.

Also while photo reading do thoughts come to your mind. Although I do the chanting thing, sometimes i still get some thoughts. Are there more ways to minimize those as to make the PR session most efficient.

...have to go. just Photoread an 881page book and have some postviewing to do....

Thanks

adrian

Wonderful advice Alex!

A previous posting in this "thread" was intended for another subject. I am a software developer by trade but over the last two years I really have felt "stalled" as far as acquiring knowledge is concerned; sure I got the promotions but in my heart of heart I know I have not mentally progressed all that much as I could and I should have.

One of the main challenges I have encountered when I attempt to PR work related books is I get into a state of panic about missing out on something very important. Hence I put the brakes and read normally but I keep on thinking about how wonderful it would have been if I could photoread my stuff - so even when I am done I have perhaps less than 50% comprehension and I do not have the reserves or the desire to go through more more recursion. The same happend with the PR book that I went through almost a year ago :-(

Any advice for a moral coward such as myself?

Regards,

Flutie

Continuing from my last post, I have tried to dabble with things such as Yoga, Meditation, Writing down all I want to do and trying to go through it morning and night but still there is no change in the results.

Most of my learning has been by looking at examples and previous solutions - hence most of the times I am unable to really get the concepts down and always end up looking for more examples even when I come across similar problems I invariably seek the examples yet again. Any suggestions

Flutie

quote:
Originally posted by Flutie:
A previous posting in this "thread" was intended for another subject. I am a software developer by trade but over the last two years I really have felt "stalled" as far as acquiring knowledge is concerned; sure I got the promotions but in my heart of heart I know I have not mentally progressed all that much as I could and I should have.

One of the main challenges I have encountered when I attempt to PR work related books is I get into a state of panic about missing out on something very important. Hence I put the brakes and read normally but I keep on thinking about how wonderful it would have been if I could photoread my stuff - so even when I am done I have perhaps less than 50% comprehension and I do not have the reserves or the desire to go through more more recursion. The same happend with the PR book that I went through almost a year ago :-(

Regards,

Flutie

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by adrian:
WOW. That's great help... thanks a lot.

One more question please.

Can I use the whole mind reading system with multiple subjects at the same time. Say, I photo read a whole Maths book, and then PR a Pascal Programming book at the same or at one go, or say I allow 30 minutes between PR one and the other.

Obviously, i have different subject and want to use this system for all subjects. can it be done without confusing the inner mind with different subjects.

It takes a lot more to confuse the inner mind. Go right ahead and photoread each book in succession. Just remember to do a quick preview and statement of purpose for each book. Time between books about 3 minutes.

quote:
Also while photo reading do thoughts come to your mind. Although I do the chanting thing, sometimes i still get some thoughts.

Yes, thoughts can and often will come up. Sometimes they are quite useful.. that is, the are relating to the book you are photoreading. In which case they are worth making a mental note of and then just draw your mind back to the chant. Even random thoughs like whats for dinner, or a past class lecture, it pays to notice them and tell yourself that you will deal with them after you have finished photoreading. The just gently pull your mind back to the chant and keep going.

quote:
Are there more ways to minimize those as to make the PR session most efficient.

Yes, by not making them an issue in the first place , just notice the thoughts they could be beneficial clues and then gently draw your conscious awareness back to the chant.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 08, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Flutie:

Regards,

Flutie

Do the 5 day test on a book, and remember to do a rapid read after you've completed your activation passes. This will help you to discover just how much you did get out of the book. Do this on a few books to get comfortable with it.

By doing the 5 day test on a book you can reduce your anxiety about getting it. Explained in detail in the book.

Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved