Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello everyone,

Before anyone answers any of my questions I
would just like to let everyone know that I have heard of photoreading before, have a vague idea of what it does, but not sure on the specifics of it.

I have heard of photoreading for a number of years but never really had a need for it until now. Right now I'm in my freshman year of college and I would love to get started with photoreading but I have a few questions before I even want to think about buying this program.

1. Right Now I am studying a minimum of approximately 6 hours a day, usually more. Say I become a novice, average, or even really good photoreader how long would each of these levels minimize my time?

2. How long does it usually take for the average person to learn the photoreading system at a novice, average, or really good level?

3. Right now, I am about done with my first quarter of college then in due for a huge break where I come home and it isn't that quiet. Should I begin to start the photoreading system at the library and use some of my time when I'm studying for material before my break starts. I guess what I mean is will my learning habits of my concious or unconcious mind conflict with each other and make the photoreading system useless to me. Because I am trying to study for new material in different subjects while trying to learn the photoreading system.

4. How long, often, and much should I listen to the tapes of the photoreading system? Finding a way to allocate time for photoreading shouldn't be a problem, but how long is the recommended time to spend on it a day. And how many tapes do you listen to at once, and how many times do you listen to each tape to reinforce your self.

5. Right now I'm getting good grades what I'm doing now...really all I'm looking for is a big time saver, but still want to maintain or better my grades, and obviously understanding it easier as well. Just to make sure will this lead me in the right direction.

I'm sure I have more questions I just don't remember them all. If possible could someone who has a good understanding of how the photoreading system works answer these questions.

[This message has been edited by justinmaurer (edited November 13, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator

Once you learn to photoread even as a beginner you should be able to go through the book in 1/3 the time it normally takes you if you take 6 hours to read a 200 page book you will finish the book in 2 hours or less.

It will take approximately 12 hours to go through the tape course if you do the exercises as you go along. This includes photoreading 3 books.

If you are unsure about the course, why not just get the book and see if you are willing to learn it once you have more insight what the PWMS consist of.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 13, 2002).]

Hi!
I'll try and answer your questions in terms of what photoreading has done for me.

My background:
I am currently a second-year economics student in Cambridge University, UK. I started learning the photoreading process slightly over a month ago with the personal study course and the forum.

My results:
I actually complete reading the material on my reading lists, something which I could not possibly have done in the past. Essays which took me five days to prepare for now take only a day, with equal or higher marks. I am able to follow more easily the material covered in lectures, and keep ahead in my course. I have more leisure time. I feel confident when I read a book that I'll finish it and understand what it says.

Now, I'll try to answer your questions:
1. Right Now I am studying a minimum of approximately 6 hours a day, usually more. Say I become a novice, average, or even really good photoreader how long would each of these levels minimize my time?

You can study as much as you used to, and you will cover much more ground. If you're thinking of covering the same amount of ground, then you will eventually cut down the time you need. However, note that I said eventually. You need to work on the process to get it working for you - it's not automatic! About 1/3 the time is usually achievable. Also, as a photoreader, you will find that it requires you to take a completely different approach to study - that's where the uniqueness of the system lies. You've got to use it. Too many people try to pick and choose what they want, ignoring other parts, and have photoreading fail for them.

2. How long does it usually take for the average person to learn the photoreading system at a novice, average, or really good level?

As long as it takes. The first thing you learn in economics is that there is no such thing as an average person! I've more or less gotten the system down, and it's already benefitting me. I expect to derive even more benefits, pushing comprehension even higher up. I've known others to learn it in even less time. It's all a question of applying the system. I just threw out my old system and replaced it totally with photoreading. At first, it seemed funny, after awhile, though, the system started to chug-chug along and boy, did it work!
Your attitude plays a very important part in determining how well the system works for you.

3. Right now, I am about done with my first quarter of college then in due for a huge break where I come home and it isn't that quiet. Should I begin to start the photoreading system at the library and use some of my time when I'm studying for material before my break starts. I guess what I mean is will my learning habits of my concious or unconcious mind conflict with each other and make the photoreading system useless to me. Because I am trying to study for new material in different subjects while trying to learn the photoreading system.

Use the break! I used my summer break in my preliminary brush with photoreading. I just got acquainted in general with the system. It was when I started applying it during term that I really started seeing it work. Use it to learn new subjects, by all means. It's a good way to convince yourself it works, and that's what it's for anyway! The PR system is not some laboratory experiment.

4. How long, often, and much should I listen to the tapes of the photoreading system? Finding a way to allocate time for photoreading shouldn't be a problem, but how long is the recommended time to spend on it a day. And how many tapes do you listen to at once, and how many times do you listen to each tape to reinforce your self.

Go through the tapes once first, and then let it rest for a bit. Let your mind integrate the system. You can either read the book first, or listen to the tapes. Either will do. If you do read the book, read it in the way suggested on the first page. Listen to one tape a day. You'll find exercises. Do them! Listening alone won't do much good. It's a hands-on process. You're still involved in the learning process. It's not a magical wand.

5. Right now I'm getting good grades what I'm doing now...really all I'm looking for is a big time saver, but still want to maintain or better my grades, and obviously understanding it easier as well. Just to make sure will this lead me in the right direction.

This is a decision you'll have to make for yourself. PR can help you maintain and improve the grades in a fraction of the time, but you need to understand that effort is required to learn it, patience in applying it and waiting for results, and, more importantly, being open to a new way of doing things. If you feel you're not willing to accept a change in the way you study, then you need to consider your purchase of the course seriously.

Hope this helps.

KWLee

OP Offline

Thank you KWLee...
Your insight has definately provided me w/more information about the course...

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive message.

You personal experiences will push me to go on and to pursue myself in purchasing the photoreading system, which will in time hopefully pave the road for a better way of learning.

Dan Offline

Now let me throw some cold water on you I have been PRing since about Jan, I think that it is a great system. On a scale between 1 and 10 (with Paul and Pete a 10 ) I am probally a 6.5. I use the system for everything except reading the news paper. I have spent hours going over the tapes and praticing. (At one point I spent almost 2 weeks learning and practicing just getting into Photofocus). KWLEE seems to have made great steps quickly and his results may not be yours... but in the end if you don't give up you well amaze yourself! Remember even with Pring you will still have to study

OP Offline

Thanks Dan for your insight as well...
You're probably more like me...I'm one of those people that don't understand things right off. So more than likely I will have to spend quite a bit of time on PRing.

[This message has been edited by justinmaurer (edited November 14, 2002).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved