Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32661 11/17/02 01:22 AM
mads Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,
does anyone know of any exercise for attaining photofocus apart from the one given in PR of looking at the some far off site and bringing the book in between. it will be great if there are some exercises that let me practice attaining the soft gaze so I can do it at will.
mads

#32662 11/17/02 01:53 AM

Hi.
There is a slight variation on the cocktail weenie effect which did help me. In essence, it is the same, though. You look at a distant spot, and then bring a single finger up into your field of vision. You should see two fingers in photofocus.

You might play about with 3D pictures to get a feel for photofocus. One thing which did help tremendously with my own soft gaze is to focus slightly on the tangerine and then gazing through the book as though I had x-ray vision.

However, the best advice I think I can give is to just practise it with your photoreading. It's a schedule which is less demanding anyway. If you're having trouble with getting into photofocus, just do that exercise of looking into the distance and bringing the book into your field of vision before you begin to photoread. It makes it easier.

Hope this helps.

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited November 16, 2002).]

#32663 11/17/02 05:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Check out this site, It explains parallel viewing and has 5 add way you can learn to achieve parallel focus
http://www.vision3d.com/3views.html

I found the fastest way to learn was to print out 12 magic eye pictures and look at them 3 or 4 time in a day over 3 days. From then on I found it easier to see them on a computer screen and hold the blip page.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 16, 2002).]

#32664 11/17/02 09:19 PM
Dan Offline

I photocopied a magic eye and anytime I had a minute at work I would practice looking at it until I could get it instantly. Then I took my copy and anytime I starting Pring I would have the copy right above my page, I would get into photofocus and pratice holding it and slowly made my way from the Magic Eye to the page I was starting to read. Once I could do this it was just a matter of holding the focus while I turned the pages. Hope this helps you

#32665 11/18/02 10:01 PM
mads Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,
when we read a stereogram it is easy to see that we are in photofocus state. but how do we know we are in that state when we actually read the book. is it possible to consciously bring the eyes to that position of parallelism?
now i am able to automatically move my eyes so i can read the stereograms. it will b grt if i can just do that with books also.
mads

#32666 11/18/02 10:42 PM
Administrator
Administrator

That is the idea of the blip page, when you apply the same focus from the 3D stereograms on a book you see a blip page that's how you know you got it. Yes it really is easy to do with a book too, it's a relaxed gaze.

Thinking analyising it makes it hard.

Just use the technique for entering the Accelerative Learning state, say the affirmations, place the tangerine on the back of your head and with softened gaze allow yourself to see the blip page, say the chant while turning the pages and you got photofocus doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing for you.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved