Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

HI,

I was wondering; if during PR the whole book is registered in the subconscious mind, then why PR the same book several times?

I mean, isn´t one of the biggest keys here that you have the confidence that you already *know* the book, that it is just a matter of bringing it into the conscious mind?

And you do that through activation ( or, if you are lucky, it comes spontaneous ).

- I am worried that PRing the book again might create doubt that the book is already in my mind.

Or does PR also help bringing the book into the conscious mind?

Hope someone have thoughts to share about this.

Thanks.

Administrator
Administrator

I've activated books after only one photoread. Works just as well photoreading a book a couple of times. In particular textbooks for learning. Each time you photoread you can approach it with a different question in mind. A different focus and as a reminder for your ultimate goal... e.g. 'to successfully understand and use the information contained in the book'.

One reason for photoreading a textbook more than once is, it keeps it in the minds high priority list of what the current project is as a focus toward a goal. Keeping it to the front of the pile

Repeating the photoreading process also helps the conscious mind to be aware of the information being presented to it. Keeping the conscious mind on track for activating and understanding the text more than placing the information into the inner mind is the real purpose of photoreading text more than once. All the information is there from the first time that you photoread, just doing it again is to help your conscious mind realise your goal.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved