Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi,

My exam is coming up soon.

I have PRd the required books for this exam and I have activated the important ones.

I have also PRd undergraduate books to get a better grip on the concepts of economics.

I am behind schedule because of an illness that hit me for a gew weeks.

I try to work on problems but I feel I do not understand much yet. I have taken this exam earlier so I know I *should* be able to do this, but I feel terribly stuck.

I am afraid to overdo it, especially that last day, so I will be exhausted when the big day comes... but I really need to learn more!!

Two days before my exam, I have to work at my parttime job.

SO, any good ideas on use of PR/activation/breaks/ the day before an exam??

Has anyone had any good experiences on studying all night??

I know this is individual, but hearing of other peoplesī experiences, might help me make up my mind on a strategy.

thanks.

Hi
If you've already activated the books which are important to the exam, you might just want to do a little more superreading to refamiliarise yourself. A better way is to look at your mind maps, if you made them.

Take breaks as usual - every half hour or so. Listen to the Memory Supercharger. It should help. And I suggest looking at past exam questions and deciding exactly what material it is that you really need to know. For economics, I'm guessing essays, so you'll probably have more choice anyway. See if you can find worked solutions and look through those.

Just suggestions, but I do encourage you to get down to it quickly.

Good luck.

KWLee

Ok a question related to exam.
If in test you read all the questions to make a search in your mind, right.
Now in a exam you got like 80 questions and you canīt read, because of the time.
Now if you Pred it ? It works ? Anybody tryed it ?
Thanks

In my expereince, studying all night is a really bad idea. I have always ended up to tired and confused to access the information I knew well before my cramming session, nevermind the info I tried to cram into my poor brain!

Drink plenty of water and get 8 hours of sleep (say some affermations if you need help falling asleep). You'll do best if you set your body up to suceed.

Administrator
Administrator

An excellent approach to using photoreading during a test was posted by Dana from Paul http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000707.html

I have used a similar technique for tests some years ago and it works well (without the photoreading part). On the questions where I was really stumped on I called up an image of my lecturer in my minds eye and asked him to answer the question for me, just wrote down what came to mind. Did well on that exam

Alex

OP Offline

Hi,

Just a thank you to the advices I was given!

I think I did ok on my exams now; and definitely better than if I had done it my old way.

Sleeping was definitely a good idea!

And instead of solving problems the day before, I just read many old exams and told my inner mind that this is what I will have to solve the next day, so work on them!

I listened to the memorysupercharger the night before.

On my first exam, I was a little tense the last two days and was not so relaxed during my studying... but I was able to relax during exam, and stayed curious.

On my math-exam today, I finally got those little thoughts that just popped up, and I knew I better not secondguess them, but just write them down

... so ... I am new to this system, and to me it seems that no matter how badly you are prepared for an exam, by following the rules and staying relaxed and open to inner sigals, you can only do better!

And I stayed relaxed by throwing away my guilt for not being better prepared, and turned it into a game!!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved