Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#32849 11/29/02 06:39 AM
chilli Offline OP
OP Offline

I have a question. It is known that you remember things better, when you experience a good feeling, positive emotions. Would it improve your Photoreading, when you focus on a good feeling during the Photoreading stage?

#32850 11/28/02 07:39 PM
chilli Offline OP
OP Offline

I mean, positive emotions during the exposion. Like a fun commercial or a fun song.

#32851 11/28/02 08:27 PM

Hi
A feeling of curiosity and confidence would help. However, it is more important to remain open physically and emotionally during the process than anything else, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

KWLee

#32852 11/29/02 04:03 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Feeling positive and confident is great. Being able to enjoy the learning process in a relaxed manner is excellent too.

Think twice about anchoring your photoreading skills to external things outside of your control, like a certain piece of music playing whenever you photoread and study. There are situations when will not be able to 'turn on' those triggers.

You can create a physical trigger for yourself to bring on good feeling whenever you want. Prepared before hand it is quite useful for repeating/recalling positive photoreading session. When you have a successful photoreading session recall/remember it with as much feeling and detail as you can. Then at the peak of your remembering, when you really feel like you got it again, create your trigger, e.g. squeeze your thumb. Add to it another successful experience or 2 each time squeeze your thumb at the height of the experience. The recalled event can be anything where you felt really good/successful at what you were doing. When you want to have this feeling of heightened success you can fire off your trigger (i.e. squeeze your thumb). Do this just before opening your eyes after doing the 3 to 1 count down and stating your affirmations for photoreading and it triggers the positive feeling you want when you photoread.

Alex

#32853 11/29/02 10:52 AM

This occured to me the other day.

1. People anchor feelings to hearing pieces of music.

2. People repeat numbers or words to prevent subvocalisations.

so why not just playback a tune in your head when PRing / SRing. I've generally got a tune playing over in mine when i'm doing other stuff.

Had beethoven's moonlit sonata (?) the other day. quite pleasant.

Nick.

#32854 12/01/02 01:19 AM

I usually go for dissociation when actually doing the PhotoReading step. Looking-through-the-head works better than the tangerine for me, because it actually creates a second somatic-marker set (e.i. body) outside of the one holding the book. I normally preview and activate in silence, to avoid distractions. I use the tangerine for activation, because I want to make sure I'm reading through "my" eyes when I bring things into the conscious mind.

#32855 12/01/02 11:11 AM

Hi.

I do not mean to sound high-handed, but I think it inappropriate to pursue this discussion. It may have meant to be a joke, but for the newer forum members and especially those curious about PR who drop in, it may be misleading and less than funny. Just to point out:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000282.html

Respectfully,
KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited December 01, 2002).]

#32856 12/01/02 09:45 PM
chilli Offline OP
OP Offline

Personally, after reading and considering all this, I think tricks like NLP, music or drugs to get positive emotions for better PR results, do not seem right. They all seem to make the process 'unpure'.

I do like the remark about positive emotions caused by curiosity and interest. You should enjoy the things you are learning (I know, an old issue, also mentioned many times in the book and the forum).

I was wondering now, if a focus on the 'gutt-feeling' during the whole process can be a help and an indicator in this. (The guttfeeling is an communication-tool of our sub/beyondconsious.) So, using the gutt for checking if your goal is correct, if you are relaxing ok, and so on and if necessary adjust, untill it does feel right.

This way you feel good in every step of the photoreading process (better storage?) and you make sure that you are doing it all ok.

#32857 12/01/02 11:06 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Absolutely chilli,

If you are in tune with your gut feeling you know when you are offbase. When you do all the steps with a sense of play they work so much easier.

Alex

#32858 12/03/02 08:47 PM
chilli Offline OP
OP Offline

I do have another question: I have trouble focussing on the tangerine. It seems like i focus in the wrong direction.

Does anybody have expercience in using your '3rd eye' as a camera? So you make pictures or a movie with your forehead/mind? Is this working or should you focus on the back of your head?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved