Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#32964 05/26/03 11:53 PM

Kristoff,

You have the freedom to state your beliefs. You also have the freedom to sound like a complete d*ck, which it seems you're exercising with great fervor.

He started a thread asking if anyone has PRed the bible, and what their experience was. I had no problem with you suggesting other sources to read, but then you said:

"Allow me to ask: why such interest in the bible?...Christian cosmology and orthodox- generally institutionalised- belief now seems silly, irrelevant, and, in fact, hampering to the development of spiritual capacity...Why do you feel the personal need for this religion, if you do consider yourself Christian?"

He asked if anyone experienced the ability to quote chapter and verse, not a tirade on what you speculate is "silly and irrelevant".

There is a time and a place to discuss your beliefs; there are skeptic websites, theology forums - places for you to deny or uphold the thoughts of others.

I'll even give you that certain threads may be deemed "appropriate"; if he had said, "Looking for thoughts on Christianity" I'd be willing to throw you a bone.

But when the man asks how the recollection is of those who have applied an accelerated comprehension technique on a book, and receives a rant discussing your "seele (german, approx. psyche/soul)" and Nietzche quotes, not only is it a really irritating digression, it's a pompous, condescending, in-your-face call for attention, and it ****es most of the community off.

Take your antagonism to a yahoo group.

If there is a God, I hope he deletes this thread.

#32965 05/27/03 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kristoff Olafsson:
Allow me to ask: why such interest in the bible? I know some may consider themselves christian, but I urge you to seriously test your beliefs. I, too, was once a "christian", baptised and confirmed. No longer in my seele (german, approx. psyche/soul), though. Christian cosmology and orthodox- generally institutionalised- belief now seems silly, irrelevant, and, in fact, hampering to the development of spiritual capacity. If you want clarification, just write. Why do you feel the personal need for this religion, if you do consider yourself Christian?

If we were in a philosophy discussion your "question" would be welcome. BUT we are in a discussion about PR. It is not for you to question a person on why they believe in Christianity or the Bible, if you do not believe in it, O.K., but do not come here and try to belittle the person by telling him that their Holy Book or religion is "silly" "irrevelevant" and "hampering to spiritual development"
That is not "discussing philosophy" that is "BELITTLING"

#32966 05/27/03 04:09 AM

my experience had to do with a car problem. i was hurrying to get to school one morning and an important part of my motor vehicle was malfunctioning. i prayed, and it was immediately fixed. i've had no problems with it since

[more info, my spedometer was the part. it was going crazy, from 60 to 10 and again so i had no idea how fast i was goin. i had noone to compare my speed to because of the decrease in speed in the area i was entering and their distance from me. i didnt know what to do, i didnt want to be late to school but didnt want to get a ticket either. i prayed, i asked God to help me in my problem. He did. the moment that i finished that THOUGHT my spedometer went straight to 58mph and flinched no more]

[This message has been edited by Agent_Orange (edited May 26, 2003).]

#32967 05/27/03 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Agent_Orange:
my experience had to do with a car problem. i was hurrying to get to school one morning and an important part of my motor vehicle was malfunctioning. i prayed, and it was immediately fixed. i've had no problems with it since

[more info, my spedometer was the part. it was going crazy, from 60 to 10 and again so i had no idea how fast i was goin. i had noone to compare my speed to because of the decrease in speed in the area i was entering and their distance from me. i didnt know what to do, i didnt want to be late to school but didnt want to get a ticket either. i prayed, i asked God to help me in my problem. He did. the moment that i finished that THOUGHT my spedometer went straight to 58mph and flinched no more]

[This message has been edited by Agent_Orange (edited May 26, 2003).]

Interesting. That could indicate some supernatural involvment- not necessarily any familiar concept of God, or funky, Quantum Mind over Matter, or just plain probability/coincidence. I favor the latter for what it may be worth to you.

Alright y'all its been funny watching you guys get all huffy. I wont pursue this further because the scope of this forum obviously stubbornly refuses to bend in this case, despite doing so in others. I expected as much. Still, some people wrote responses which proved revealing. I cannot add to what I said already, so I simply choose to highlight the situation.
Somebody calling themselves Kristen indicated that having some drive meant lack of freedom to which I respond: all action originates in energy. If one can understand and direct ones energies than freedom can still infiltrate into everyday experience. The classic choice that the Buddha made to become Boddhisvata was to relinquish nirvana that he might participate in the liberation of other Beings.
Keep it cool
KO

#32968 05/27/03 10:03 PM

Photoreading the Bible has yielded me with numerous benefits.. especially looking at various translations.

Whether one considers the contents to be historical, literal, symbolic, spiritual, or otherwise,... it is difficult to dispute the fact that this is one interesting piece of literature... especially considering the fact that there is more bibliographic evidence as to its veracity and proximate source material than any other piece of literature on the planet... written over several centuries on several continents... in several languages.. by people of different levels of sophistication.. different religions.. yet all somehow unified..

If nothing else.. Photoreading the bible has helped me gain a greater perspective on civilization... as a writer.. I find the literary allegories, metaphors, and symbolism unsurpassed..

Using the Instant Magnetic Personality paraliminal and Genius Code programs, I have gleaned the wisdom of Solomon... the heart of David... the courage of Samson.. and the love of Jesus Christ..

Whether or not one chooses to subscribe to any particular religion or belief system.. one thing I have found... that few people who have truly read the Bible from cover to cover.. have come away from it unchanged...and sadly, it seems that its loudest critics are those who never bothered to read it at all.. (contempt prior to investigation is a great hindrance to personal growth)

May the eyes of your understanding be enlightened..

Robert Hammond

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved