Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#32969 12/05/02 07:06 PM
OP Offline

I don't mean to be controversial, but there are "Christians" who feel that the PR system evokes a negative spiritual effect on the "Christian" who PhotoReads. I'd like to hear from believers and non-believers alike what your view is.

Also, is getting into state "hypnosis"? If it is, is it bad? Some views would be appreciated! Thanks!

Administrator
Administrator

Do a search of the forum re photoreading the bible.

Hypnosis? You control the photoreading process. You are more likely to be hypnotised watching TV.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited December 05, 2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:

Hypnosis? You control the photoreading process. You are more likely to be hypnotised watching TV.

Ba ha ha! You know, there's always that possbility that you're being hypnotized to say that you're not hypnotized, and that it doesn't hypnotize. Imagine THAT scenario!

I don't know why religious or occultic issues have come up in the past, or even why they're occuring now about PhotoReading. Some Christians claim that the mental mindset and attitude can "veer thoughts in the wrong direction," but most of those people who say that have a closed mind. It's not about the direction in which your thoughts are lead, as long as you're seeking curiousity about how to expand your knowledge. I mean - why commit the SIN that you'll become intelligent?

I am Christian myself, and I have been PhotoReading for a year and 2 months. My intellect and even outlook on life has only gotten better and better. Many experienced PhotoReaders have reported that their way of thinking changes...and it's for the better! No, it has no negative spiritual effects. It's a READING PROGRAM for Christ's sake! (If you find that joke I just made not funny, or offensive, I'm sorry.)

PhotoReading is a simple system for processing printed information that uses the mind in a revolutionary way allowing for better comprehension and an increase in speed.

-youngprer

It's just a program to better reading and thinking, it isn't occultic or satanic.

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
It's just a program to better reading and thinking, it isn't occultic or satanic.

Which is, to be short what I was saying, yes. lol I just elaborated...

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:

Does this mean I have to get rid of my Osiris statue???

Actually, in all seriousness, I'm a Christian, and seen many benefits of Photoreading. You can get a lot more from the Bible by Photoreading, and think about how much your biblical intelligence will improve by Photoreading the bible once a day?

The problem is too many times people see something different, and try to brand it as part of the occult, or satanism.

If you really want to give up something that is part of the occult, then you can start by giving up Christmas traditions that have their roots firmly grounded in paganism, and maybe ask some of the local churches to remove the church steeple from on top of their building as that is symbolism from the paganistic traditions of worshiping fertility Gods. I'll let you figure out what it's supposed to be.

If you don't believe it, than you are more than you can do the research. It's fascinating, but frightening at the same time.

Take care,

Matt

OP Offline

Hey guys, thanks for all your replies! I really appreciate it! AlexK told me to do a search on PhRing the Bible and, I thought, I'd give a whirl on past posts concerning christian thought.

In all actuality, I am the one who gets kinda nervous at some of the relaxation techniques and what not. However, I really appreciated THEGOALIE's note on this program. "The problem is too many times people see something different, and try to brand it as part of the occult, or satanism." It's totally true, too. Because it's different from the norm... Even people who are just so used to regular reading everything freak out about it, calling it "the tool for the procrastinitive..." Sure! As long as it helps us to do better, whatever. I love the crutch!!!

Thx

Jeff

As a non-practicing Satanist, I have some unique views on the subject. Ever notice how everything "Satanic" is usually upside-down? Notice how one is encouraged to PhotoRead holding books upside-down?

Actually, I am a non-practicing Satanist, and I would recommend getting some product literature for CenterPoint. ALL meditative techniques, and it can be argued that PhotoReading is a meditative technique, will force the user to come face-to-face with their inner demons... their Shadow self.

I see myself as a spiritual being, but not connected to a specific religion, as I see them as limiting.

If I have understood Christianity, they see each person as *separate* here on Earth. The "I" stands alone, unless it is reborn, and then is connected to God. And God alone.

What I find while doing techniques like PR/meditation/visualization and so forth, is that my intuition widens quite amazingly; "answers" pop up from "nowhere". Coincidences occur. Strangers walk up to me and tells me just what I wanted to know, even if I had not asked. Or I answer their question purely from my gut feeling, and only later find out I was right.

Many times:
I do not feel any separation from the world around me; I feel connected with everything/nothing.

I feel I/we are so much *more* here and now ; NOT after death, but NOW!

Is all this coming from a God?? But what then when I am not part of that religion?
How can that be? I have not confessed to my sins to any Christian God.

Somehow I think this crashes a little with part of the Christianity; it makes the ego, I, a little blurry ... and that would upset a few rules, I shouldn´t wonder.

And so some fight whenever they see people might achieve the same peace/wholeness through other means.

Not sacrifice.

But there are many ways to Rome.
Whatever Rome is.

I think Photoreading taps into that place in ourselves where we have soooo much more abilities; we are limited because of the limiting ideas we have been given since we were born; through school ( just look at what ideas white man were taught about race just a centennial ago); through religion ( most of the religions claim that they are the only ones to hold the *whole* answer, so you are asked to block your curiosity about other ways of *seeing* ...); surroundings/peers/family.and so on.

The more you trust what is already in you ( like a perfect memory ) the better you are to make your own judgement.

Or so I believe!

ops. I got a little carried away. Had a heavy exam today; mind kinda rambled on.

But I meant this seriously. Hopefully it made a little sense anyway and contributed positively to the debate.

Kaiden--
While we may not agree on Philosophy/Religion, I hope you do not take any offence to my posts--past, present, or future.
I have a question, is your version of Satanism like Anton LeVey's? Just curious.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved