Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Although I've beenv visiting the forum many times in recent days, I've been trying to avoid this topic, but I guess it has reeled me in.

It is correct that your way of thinking does likely become different when you want to master and practice PhotoReading.

No, you don't have to practice all the time, and in fact this one of Paul's powerful facts about PhotoReading. It does not require practice, but practicing does help you master the system. Just like any skill, practicing builds, and reinforces stronger neuropathways, allowing the brain and the body to carry out the skill easier, since it has already made a routine of the subject. Bottom line:no it doesn't require practice, but the more you practice, the faster you'll naturally become.

I am 14 years old, learned PhotoReading about a year ago, from the book, and have been flying ever since.

I can see why the staff themself may not respond to this topic, because I myself almost didn't respond to it. PhotoReading has only been the beginning for me, and I've been lead further and further into tons of other subjects relating to the power of the human brain. The subconscious has the ability to process up to 20,000 pieces of information at a time. You can, in fact, implant printed information into your long term memory at 25,000WPM quite easily. I can see how you would think that the statements on the site can be misleading.

I first discovered PhotoReading when I was staying up until 3:00AM on a school night, and saw the infomercial. Believe it or not, some things of fantasy are possible! That night, and then that Christmas that I got the book proved it.

You're obviously already intrigued by the concept, otherwise you would not spend so much time poking it with a stick, seeing if it would bite. Just order the book or learning course, and if you have difficulties - come to the forum or e-mail Dana for help.

Ask for the extended money back garentee, if you wish. No, the system does not take long to master. It took me probably about a month or two, as far as I can remember.

Belief is a big factor, but often times, you'll find that if you believe you can't succeed, you won't. You'll be so fixated on the fact that "you can't succeed" that you'll not even begin to get the full extent of subject, often times.

If you do end up getting the book, on page 17 you'll see that the things you have to give up are quite easy to give up. These things are:

-low self-esteem as a learner
-self defeating habits like procrastination and self doubt
-perfectionism, "all or none" thinking that dwells on failure rather than feedback and learning
-distrust in other-than-conscious mind and intuitive abilities
-the need to know everything right away
-a stressful sense of urgency

Already, it seems like you may contain some of these things. There is no failure, only feedback.

-youngprer

Hey, I'm 15, I didn't know that people my age were into PR'ing. I agree with you youngprer.

I was 14 when I first learned about PhotoReading, back in 1987. That was years before the how-to book and self-study course was created.

It wasn't until 1992 in the middle of my first year in college that I could take the live seminar.

Within the first week of using PhotoReading, my study time was cut in half, and, when I went to class and we covered what I had PhotoRead and activated back at the dorm, the material came together so much easier.

By the end of that semester, on our toughest final exam on automotive electrical components/systems, I scored the 2nd highest in the class. And, I knew there were other kids in the class that knew the stuff better than I did. But, using PhotoReading, I was able to pull up more correct answers during the test.

So, in my opinion, with PhotoReading you have only to benefit from it.

I have 16 years and I can tell you that photreading, for studies are great.
For books and magazines also.
The best of it is that i can read the stuff only for pleasure, cos you are reading just what really interrests you.

I had this course for over two years now, but I had put it off until three months ago when I finally completed the course. It is true that it takes a determination and faith to work the system, and I've been trying to make the Photoreading System to work. However, I find that although I finished the course, I really don't know how to apply the course. I would love to try it on my science and english courses, but I end up not using photoreading for preparing for tests and quizzes. I'm in AP Biology and I find activating my textbook very difficult. There is simply too much information and my teacher requires that I virtually know all of it. And since I'm practically a beginner in Photoreading, I simply resort to traditional reading and memorizing. And the same goes to my AP English class. The stories I'm assigned are not very long, but sometimes they are difficult and detailed. My teacher loves to give out quizzes that tests both our knowledge concerning the general concept and specific detail about the book. For example, this person from this book mentioned 5 names, name three of them. In addition, hectice school schedule, sports, and homework do not leave me with enough energy or time to continue working with Photoreading. As for me, this has been a source of trouble for me. I don't know if this had a point, but I simply wanted to see some feedback concerning what I could do or should do. Thanks.

Joel

I purchased PhotoReading because I was writing a book, and my yet-to-be-completed book has a chapter on Ontology. Because in Ontology one has to seperate what is real from what is not real, I knew I'd have to do massive amounts of studying on mathematics, philosophy, the psychology and neurology of perception, Platonic and Kabalistic mysticism, and perhaps on subjects I have not yet thought about.

I've discovered that PhotoReading works best when one reads for curiosity, rather than to become an expert at something. Curiosity may be satiated, or it may lead to confusion. Confusion can lead to further curiosity, which can be satiated in further activation. The need for experitise might also lead to confusion, but this confusion leads to fustration. Fustration happens when one NEEDS an outcome to occur, but that outcome does not happen. The 20th century English philosopher A. Crowley called this "lust for results," and spoke great ill of it.

The thing about PhotoReading is that you cannot get better at it by trying harder. You can only get better at it by trying softer.

sjaykum1,

I've slept for so long. Your posts awoke me. Sometime such truth stirs the sleeping.

I was once in your shoes. Hopeful and drooling over the possibilities.

To make a long story short I used to Photoread all the time while thinking I was really reading. Unfortunately I was not really reading but only gathering 10-20 facts about a book while thinking I was reading. When push comes to shove in the real world the kill always goes to those with the most experience under fire- not those that "sorta hava hunch about the material", OKAY? Yes, I lost a few jobs to some slow readers. I was the dabbler (Tony Robbins) of 100 fields instead of the master of just one that would make money. Oh well.

Tracking back a bit, your questions indicate that you're WAY too intelligent to photoread. You can actually BE the author of your own product. If Learning Strategies can take Vera Birkenbeil and call her a memory expert overnight (in the light of no one having any memory of her name or what she does on top of the fact that it's all self proclaimed "made up" stuff anyway) then you can call yourself a consultant too and make some money.

You know, when Merlin was awoke for the second time he was less polite than the first time around. I honestly thought that all the drones were out buying the crap and talking about fertilizer methods and then sjaykum1 chimes in and wakes me up with a level of common sense I have not heard in, oh, 2 years on this forum? Yeah, I think it's about time.

By the way, photoreading's posterchild, Andy030 has rechanted his opinion of photoreading on epinions.com - you should check it out. In case you don't remember, he was the guy that actually helped me get Photoreading to work - only to figure out that speedreading is still faster and easier and just like PR- sucks alot at very high speeds. It's all a play on words. The reality for the customer doesn't change at all when the labels slapped on the products changes. Sorry.

sjaykum1, quit. Quit before you waste another microbreath. Don't become like me. Don't try everything only to spend 1 hour on a book only to know 16 isolated facts about the general idea of the main points of the core concepts of the theme of the basic idea of the book while calling that READING.

Reading is supposed to be a natural drawing, an inbreath (if you will) - something that is taken away and to another world by your natural and curious curiosity... not something reduced to TIME and SPACE and IDEAS and CONCEPTS and all that moronic stuff that speedreading gives you that photoreading can maybe give you 10% of even THAT! I mean really! Photoreading sucks worse than speedreading! It's just another word for the same worn out garbage that didn't sell for much in the first place so why in god's name did he allow PHOTOREADING to be spawned? Oh, god. I'm an athiest and I'm screaming to a GOD. GOD GOD GOD! GOd save yourself from this!

sjaykum1, I bow to you. Your level of inquisitiveness and pure question has AND in the tone of voice has kicked the **** out of what I used to believe was unique conversation and poise. I know, I know, first of all you must know that I'm not well liked here and if you ever want to make friends, bash me at once.

I just want you to know that your original post is... a classic that I will use as a model for years to come. I'm NOT kidding.

pure classic, right off the bone

OP Offline

MarkP4,

I dont want to say I am too intelligent for this stuff. I am going to still keep an open mind and review the photoreading book. I have not finished the book yet.

I am still skeptical. MarkP4, you definately have a right to your opinion and I dont believe people should hate people because of differences of opinion.

I am glad that you found what works best for you.

I am thinking it is only fair that everyone gets heard.

sjaykum1

Hey, guy, sort through what you got to sort through, but don't lash out and don't try to muddy the waters for other people. There is enough negative stuff in the world without trying to hurt people who are truly trying to improve themselves. (Robbins even endorses PhotoReading--he was trained directly by Paul.)

We'll put a neophyte PhotoReader up against an
experienced speed reader any day. I'm sorry you don't get it.

And Vera? She's sold millions of copies of her books in Germany. She is one of the world's premiere learning and memory experts. If you haven't heard of Vera before, whose fault is it?

Please do not visit here again until you lighten up.

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
(Robbins even endorses PhotoReading--he was trained directly by Paul.)

Are you serious?! COOL!

Now, Mark. I understand you have had difficulties with the system, and I understand that you may be crippled beyond repair when it comes to being as successful as some of the other experienced PhotoReaders, but no...don't come here trying to bash what you've seen none of. You have not even ever began to see PhotoReading's true potential and capacity. You have not seen all sides of the debates/arguments. (Not to mention you were taking sTrAnGe advice from Crazy Eddy.)

I agree with Dana that you should lighten up.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved