Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I am trying how to figur our how Prolog Lists Work. For does whou don't know PROLOG is a Hightly LOGICAL Language and I am wondering if Photoreading can help since it deals with lots or reasoning.

I have very little notes to read, however I am trying to figure out how it works by tracing into the Running of the actual program and see how variables are changing. The problem is I cannot seem to find a matching pattern. for example a typical question might be:

6. To find the Minimum integer from a List of elements using the rule min(List,Minimum). e.g. min([9,12,3,-2,7],Min) binds Min to -2.

ANswer:

find_min(X,[X]).
find_min(H,[H|T]):-
find_min(Min,T),
H < Min.
find_min(Min,[H|T]):-
find_min(Min,T),
H >= Min.

Any tips are welcome

The degree of logic can only help. That's one of the reasons why one cuts one's photoreading teeth on non-fiction. The more logic one's studies demand, the eaiser it will be to activate it.

Let us assume the modle of "left/right brain." If you PhotoRead with the "right brain," then it is as if highly logical materials are pushed into the "left brain" as a way of saying, "here, you deal with this!"

Remember that PhotoReading is a multipass system, and you are allowed to do as many activation sessions as it takes to have the level of comprehension you need.

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

Fair enough... however there are very few notes to photoread. I sort of have to figure out how Prolog Lists work by observing how the program executes and finding a sort of pattern or logical order how they are executed. how can photoreading help in this case?

Whenever I have a problem like this, I go to the library (university, preferably) and get all the books on the subject that I can and pile 'em up around me...

Then I Photoread all the books with my purpose being to solve that specific problem...

Finally, when I go to sleep, I ask my unconscious mind to work on the problem and present the answer to me the next day.

This is a fantastic method for synthesizing large amounts of information for a specific purpose. Give it a try!

Mike

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved