Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#33406 01/01/03 04:50 AM

Er! I knew that.

#33407 01/01/03 04:56 AM

Correction, choline is WAY good. You'll probably have to go to a health-food store to find it, unless you're willing to pay $2 a can for KMX.

#33408 01/01/03 05:09 AM

Sorry. Choline is WAY good. heh
I get my Choline in the form of Soya Lecithin. I've read that this is better than taking straight Choline, to get rid of the "fishy" smell. Soya Lecithin and drinking LOTS of water, which is good for PR'ing anyway.
I once took a Choline gelcap and poked it. Dripped a few drips of the gel into my son's chocolate milk. He had been watching the "Learn to Read and Write with Mrs. Phipps and Snoothy" tapes up to that point, and had a little success with naming letters on sight. The day after he had the Choline drips in his milk, He picked up 3 new letters immediately. I did that only the one time, as I was wary of OD'ing him on it. I take Choline, ironically, when I remember to take it
I think I should start taking it everydya again, to help with my PR'ing.

#33409 01/01/03 07:54 AM
OP Offline

Well friends, I'm convinced that my 46 years is just halfway and still have lots of potential to learn. Thank you so much for responding that fast and thanks for the positive inspiration . By the way when SuperReading and dipping do you get out of Photofocus and focus the normal way? And when you have to state your purpose, what do you ask for? Especially when PR-ing the book does not give you a feel you have absorb the material.... I mean the concious mind does not know it yet what to ask , or just do it and let questions come instantly from nowhere (read subconscious... I guess).

Old man getting younger thanking you again for your advise.

#33410 01/01/03 10:15 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by HumphreyH:
By the way when SuperReading and dipping do you get out of Photofocus and focus the normal way? .

During superreading and dipping we use an expanded vision looking at whole lines/paragraphs at a time yet more like regular focus. Just remember to use the tangerine technique.

Page 25 of the PhotoReading book explains how to start stating your purpose.

You form your questions from your trigger words that you wrote down during previewing or postviewing it is kind of logical in that you can turn headings and subheadings into questions. Sometimes you'll notice that you have the answer or understanding as soon as you've turned the heading into a question.

If you have not yet read the PhotoReading book I recommend that you read it as suggested on the very first page. (Read this Book in 25 Minutes).

Alex

#33411 01/01/03 07:06 PM
OP Offline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Youngrer quote:
Try doing nothing but the PR Whole Mind System on reading material for several weeks, and then just try going back to normal reading habits for 3-4 days. You'll notice it's harder, and feels weird.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you are quite right, since I am PR-ing almost every evening and mornings when I find a quit moment. Funny enough I start using photofocus on many material I have at hand now. And that only after 4 days of excercising photofocus for PR. I use the excellent stereoreading link
http://www.exploreit.net/stereoreading/index.htm (in case anybody is interested).

Doing this with plain books and paper is a lot harder though.... especially when changing pages, then I tend to focus back to the usual style. Maybe in a couple of weeks I get better at hardcopies. Is it normal by the way to exit photofocus when changing pages and then photofocus back for PR? Or is this a clear proof I'm not relaxed enough to ignore the flapping of pages?

#33412 01/01/03 09:15 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Enter the accelerative learning state,soften your gaze, use the imaginary X technique and you'll probably get the blip page anyway, say the chant and stay with it and you'll get the knack of it in no time.

Alex

#33413 01/02/03 04:22 AM

This is my second reply to this post. I am just observing at the moment. Just would like to add that I'm 56 years old.I have still to get the system down but I know I will. So it's never too old to start learning.

#33414 01/02/03 05:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mancle:
This is my second reply to this post. I am just observing at the moment. Just would like to add that I'm 56 years old.I have still to get the system down but I know I will. So it's never too old to start learning.

And that is the exact attitude that us regulars around here love to hear.

#33415 01/13/05 07:13 PM
OP Offline

Guess what friends. I've been out for over a year. I gave up after several trials without success, but it keep nagging at me. So I'm back with renewed interest and willing to spend a couple of weeks of PR-ing. After PR-ing 2 books, I found it almost impossible to note down trigger words, since I find hundreds or thousands of things intresting. So how do I make a choice for trigger words. Can't I just use the index or table of contents instead? I also find it very hard to come up with questions. Any tips?

Tx

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved