Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I've been asking this question a lot lately because I would like to find an even better and faster way to process information than PhotoReading. PhotoReading is a great program developed by a true genius himself Paul Sheele, but I know there has to be something even better out there. Remember the Matrix and that cool little "Virtual Reality" device that they used to download new code into the human subconscious. Where can I get one of these at, or does someone still need to create it? Can anyone please provide valuable insight into this question?

Yet to be created...Mwahahaha!!!

Uh...yeah...seriously: there probably is something better than PhotoReading out there, but who ever can do it likely doesn't want to tell.

Direct Learning is the closest thing I've seen to a Matrix Skillsoft.

How about glasses that flash text at the edge of your field of view (peripheral vision). C'mon, hop to it!

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Reinbolt:
I've been asking this question a lot lately because I would like to find an even better and faster way to process information than PhotoReading. PhotoReading is a great program developed by a true genius himself Paul Sheele, but I know there has to be something even better out there. Remember the Matrix and that cool little "Virtual Reality" device that they used to download new code into the human subconscious. Where can I get one of these at, or does someone still need to create it? Can anyone please provide valuable insight into this question?

So...have you mastered PhotoReading yet?

OP Offline

KW Lee,

Please elaborate more on what you believe it takes to master PhotoReading.

Hi

To begin with, I believe that PhotoReading is a skill one continually works at improving - I still keep discovering new heights. Thus, "mastery" to me is not a pinnacle or a point, but having reached the point where you can use it to achieve your goals, and keep finding new ways to do things better, and also to keep refining your skills.

However, to attain even the most basic proficiency in PhotoReading, I'd say there are three important (and often neglected) elements:

1. Purpose
2. Open-mindedness/belief
3. NOPS

The purpose here is a use for PhotoReading. If we don't have any goal to achieve by learning PR, then I've noticed that energies and resources are often not focussed enough - there is nothing to work towards. If the goal is unclear/not objective, the same thing happens. For example, if you learn PR to be a "genius", what's that? Whereas if you have a clear idea of what you're going to do with that genius, what you want to apply it to, you will gear your study of PR to it.

Having a goal also provides you with feedback - you will know if PR is working, because you'll be coming closer to your goal. If you aren't, then you'll know some aspect/skill/understanding needs to be worked on/changed.

The second element is open-mindedness about the system. If you do believe that PhotoReading works, that's great. If you feel a little cautious, that's fine too. There are a few scams out there. I have personally proved to myself that PhotoReading works. (Or rather, PhotoReading has proved to me it works. )For the system to do this, though, you need to be at least open to the idea and give it a try. This is not just a "try it and see", but a suspension of disbelief and the acceptance of the attitude that this could possibly actually work out. If this element is not there, then you're just setting yourself up for failure, because your mind is always inclined to prove you right.

"Whether you think it works or it doesn't, either way you're right."
-My version of a quote from Ford (I think!)

Once one gets on the road of PR, then NOPS is the most valuable tool to use. It applies not just when you're entertaining negative thoughts, but also when the system doesn't seem to be taking off. The playful attitude which is the spirit of NOPS is the most useful to get things done. NOPS might sound like a simple thing, but it's proven a life-saver. It's for when you get in a rut, or problems seem to crop up.

Reluctance to play around with ruts, and to find a solution that is right for you is a block of its own - I've used variations in my own PhotoReading applications, according to the situation. I've found that, at different times, I've favoured different methods for different things. They've all be right for me at the time. It is the NOPS which keeps me on my toes, changing when I think it would serve me best.

Naturally, these are simply elements required for "mastering" PR. One would then have to get on with it and learn and use the system. (No "testing"! Just use it. You'll find it works.)

KWLee

What is NOPS?

Hi

N - Notice it.
O - Own it.
P - Play with it.
S - Stay with it.

If you run a search on the forum for NOPS, I think you'll come up with quite a few more detailed explanations.

KWLee

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved