Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KWLee Offline OP
OP Offline

It is now the 14th Jan 2003, nearly four months since my first post on 7th Oct 2002. I had heard of PhotoReading only slightly earlier than that. These four months have proven to be four of the most educational I have ever had in my life.

I came to PhotoReading after I missed a first class score in my first year Economics at Cambridge University in the 2001/2002 year by a one mark average. Being a student expected by colleagues to easily make the first class list, it was a blow. I pondered through the summer months what I could do to make up for the slip-up. It was in this period that I discovered PhotoReading.

The course was not easily available in Malaysia (short of ordering it). I managed to purchase the book first, and read it as Paul suggests on the first page in the bookstore before getting up to purchase it. I returned to the UK shortly after, where I ordered the course.

With a background in Subliminal Dynamics, I accepted the idea of PhotoReading easily. So confident was I that PhotoReading could work, and work for me, that I totally replaced my study system with the PWMS. Some would say that this was a reckless thing to do, but I had faith. But faith alone was not enough...

I came smack up against a gamut of blocks. Like everyone else, I easily accepted and mastered some parts of the system. Some other parts were more challenging. I also had trouble applying it in many ways at first. In particular, I needed it to show results for homework. (Not to prove anything to me - the homework had to get done!) It has been a constant process of refining, playing about, experimenting, rethinking, changing and learning. I expect this to continue as I proceed on a lifelong path to deepen my understanding and mastery of the process.

Very fortunately, I began chatting with AlexK, and together, we cleared through many of my blocks. I had uncertainty spells, fears, doubts, inaccurate beliefs, ineffective practices and a host of other issues. Even after mastering the basics of PhotoReading, I was not applying it to maximum effect.

Today, in retrospect, I can claim many things. I managed to hand in supervision essays last term based on only a night's work, compared to the three to five day average it used to take me. I had a lot more free time than usual. I could gain an overview of an entire lecture series in about an hour now if I so chose. Tonight, I just completed, in just over three hours, approximately 75 % of the basic text for a course that spanned eight weeks. My confidence is rising as I blast through material at much higher speeds than I used to. I've learnt to maximise the effectiveness of my study time relative to my exams. In fact, I expect to be ready for my exams months ahead of my normal schedule.

I'd like to officially thank Paul and LSC for developing this wonderful course, which has and is going to continue to improve the quality of both my grades and life. I also want to thank Alex for guiding me through the process and for continually pointing me in new directions, helping me uncover more and more insights about this process. I would also like to thank Dana and the forum for being a catalyst to my mastering of PhotoReading. You have all been stars!

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited January 13, 2003).]

Congratulations KWLee, and thanks for the great summary of your experience.

Thank You for writing this!! A great inspiration!! Gives me the boost to keep on truckinī !

Laughing-Heart

Administrator
Administrator

KWLee,

The most challenging thing about mentoring you was reminding not to build rules and limitations into photoreading that did not exist.

I wish you all the best with your studies.

Alex

BTW My thoughts are still worth more than a penny

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 14, 2003).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved