Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

As I stated in a thread under "Does PR truly work?" I would like to see studies done on photoreading itself. This is not because I don't believe that it has helped/will help people with the reading process but because I think it deserves to be better understood. The subconscious is truly a complicated subject. If we could establish more about PR--what conditions does it work best in? Does hypnosis affect the efficacy? What are the usual EEG measurements for somebody who is successfully performing PR?-- than everyone involved will be all the better. Furthermore, such studies would most definitely be a boon to marketing, and the wider educational-world might take Photo-Reading a bit more seriously. In short, scientific studies are not just a nuisance, or for the die-hard skeptics, they are for the benefit of human knowledge.
Kristoff Olafsson

We'd like to do studies, but finding the right researcher has been challenging. The good news is that we now have a researcher and we now have a publication willing to publish the results. So...

OP Offline

Excellent. Who is the researcher? The publication? The Society for Scientific Exploration publishes a journal entitled "Journal of Scientific Exploration";they might be interested. URL:www.scientificexploration.org/jse

We can't release any information until, and if, it is published

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
We can't release any information until, and if, it is published

Why if?

Administrator
Administrator

Probably because researchers still have to finish carrying out their research and write up the information.

Alex

The publication has the final word.

x Offline

I for one would be interested in seeing the results of the research.

Well Kristoff's posts got me to go and search some of the journals and found nothing. I used a science oriented web seach engine and I came across quite a few pages at academic sites. Most of them were not to open to the PWMS. However, I came across one researcher in Estonia and he seems to be taking PR seriously. He didn't have any papers posted, but he had several hypothesis that I wanted to investigate. It even sounded like he has done some research with regards to PR and theta waves.

Oh, back onto the thread topic. I'd love to see the paper too. I understand not posting it before the publisher. Some journals get real nasty if they are not the first publicly present the material. Things, like paper gets pulled, or forget publishing with us while I'm the editor. Then again, many researchers are protective of there material. A publication is a valuable thing. A webpage means nothing.

That said, I was tempted to ask for the abstract, but that might be too much. However one or two sentences about what the research is investigating would wet our appetites, and couldn't possibly upset a publisher. It doesn't get around the protective research syndrome though.

I'm pre-ordering my Harry Potter this weekend.

Just sharing some ideas.

Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited January 23, 2003).]

I'd like to also vote on PR research.

I'm sure you already knew my view, though.

-youngprer

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved