Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3005 05/26/01 03:18 PM
harry Offline OP
OP Offline

I find the headline of your ad for Decisive Action to be be intentionally and distastefully deceptive. In bold red you state "54% of our customers have reached upper level income". The clear implication is that they have reached that level by using your products; if not why would you even include this, especially as a bold faced introduction. The only other acceptable explanation for its inclusion would be that Paul had studied these customers in devising the strategy of this course. I don't think that is the case; at least you don't mention this in the article. No it seems there is really no relationship between their wealth and your products, other than that you would have to be at least middle class to afford any of them.

I wonder how you expect us to take your word that if we work at it, Photo Reading will work, or believe your enthusiastic declarations that you can see, feel, and hear energy, when you find it so easy to be loose with your words in other ways.

You seem to be good people and I am not ready to dismiss your products, although the verdict is still out for me. I am disappointed though, that you have chosen to gamble your reputation of integrity for the extra bucks you may be able to extract from the more gullible. After all, how many houses on the bluffs of the river do you need.

As always, I commend you for this open forum and the opportunity for us to express ourselves here......Harry

#3006 05/27/01 05:52 AM

Hi Harry!

I guess you have a point and you certainly have a right to voice it, but you do get a lot of Paraliminals in the course and you can return it if you find fault with it. So what's wrong with giving people a little encouragement to give something a try that might change their life? If the advertising were played down, then wouldn't people say, or feel "That can't be much of a course if they are not bothering even to advertise it properly, can it?". Just a thought.

#3007 05/27/01 12:21 PM
harry Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Inchiki,

I don't know. I guess it just depends on what you mean by "Advertise Properly". Have we come to the point where that means we expect deception or we assume a product is no good and won't buy it.. I have found the reverse to be true; the more hype usually the less sound the product.

I have bought a fair amount of products from LS and have read about most of the others. Many of their claims can run towards exaggeration which does not bother me. This seemed outright deception, though, because the headline really had nothing to do with the product.

I think about this kind of stuff a lot. I know that their products are guaranteed, but there is more than a monetary investment, when you tackle something like Natural Brilliance or Spring Forest. Results are usually not instantaneous and so you could spend a great deal of time chasing after something that does not exist. I have to have some trust in the seller to embark on that journey.

It is all about relationships to me. A company like LS seems to value a relationship with their cusomer ie.. open forums and support lines. I value that as well. If they treat me right then I want to treat them right....not taking advantage of their guarantees or copying tapes etc. Maybe I am just looking for more from a company than today's business climate will allow.

This is the kind of thing I wrestle with a lot. What's fair what's not. I am not yet ready to accept the "but this is business" mantra which seems to be the excuse- all anwer to most complaints about marketing policies. There are two sides to a business transaction, though, and I could just as easily order tapes, copy and return them, and then say "hey, it's business".

I guess the bottom line for me is that I am less apt to believe what L/S tells me, which unfortunately will probably hinder my success with their products. Rather than just go away disgruntled, I figured I would let them know that they have rubbed at least one person wrong, while totally cognizant of the fact that considering L/S's success, I am probably a small minority.

Thanks for your thoughtful response...Harry

#3008 05/31/01 10:53 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We've been publishing the Paraliminals since 1988, and we have thousands of long time customers, many of whom made it to the upper income levels as a result of the work they've done with us. I ran into one in the bank today!

But, my intent when I wrote the headline was as an eye opener: Hey folks. A lot of people who make a lot of money are using our programs. What do they know that you don't know? What are they doing that you aren't doing?

One of the things they are doing is taking responsibility for what happens in their lives by using programs such as ours. They are using programs such as ours to fine tune their thinking, supercharge their brains, harness their emotions, plan their future, foresee and prepare for challenges, and on and on.

Thanks for taking time to write your comments.

#3009 06/01/01 06:06 PM
harry Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah, I kind of see what you mean. I really do want to like and trust you guys I guess you understand how important it is for the user to trust in Paul. We are basically putting ourself in his hands, for the time being, because he purports to know things we don't - or don't realize we know. We have to help ourselves, but by using your tapes we are enlisting Paul as our secret weapon against the self defeating patterns we have been helpless against.

Come to think of it, it really doesn't matter if YOU are a scourge or not. Never Mind!

Thanks, Harry

#3010 06/06/01 09:49 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

<<Come to think of it, it really doesn't matter if YOU are a scourge or not. Never Mind!

And, that's one of the reason's I write the letters and do the infomercials.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved