Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3018 06/01/01 12:36 AM
OP Offline

Let me start off by asserting that no, I am not planning on going into competition with LS and paraliminal technology .

I own a number of paraliminals as well as the NB course and find their quality and production immaculate. Nonetheless, I have been considering attempting to make a few of my own paraliminal recordings for a specific, personal interest. It seems LS has created their tapes with the idea of making nearly all of them have a wide range of applications. This approach is obviously the best when you are wanting to address the needs of a diverse and large market, but I'm hoping that in the future they will start producing some more specific tapes for such things as musical instruments, mathematics, athletics, martial arts etc. . . Can you imagine a whole course for improving athletic performance? Possibly with a choice for a sport specific genius generator tape?

But until then, I guess I'll just have to experiment on my own a little. Has anyone reading this ever tried to make their own paraliminals and if so, what rescourses did you use?

Obviously my biggest concern is learning how to "talk" to each hemisphere. I've certainly learned a great deal just listening to the LS tapes, but I'm wondering if their are any sites with information about how to do this. I don't know alot about NLP but its my understanding that it plays a significant role in scripting the tapes. Any help, ideas or input would be greatly apppreciated especially from Paul, Pete, Dana or anyone else at Learning Strategies. Thanks.

Pratibha

Hi Pratibha,

This is an interesting idea and I'm anxious to hear how it goes.

Some thoughts:

1) Part of the reason these tapes work so well is _because_ they are content-free. Since the tapes are giving very general suggestions, it is up to your unconscious mind to "fill in the blanks" and it will typically do this in the manner is that is "right for you." If the tape were to make a specific command, it would likely not be as powerful because there is the possibility that the command will not "fit" and your unconscious mind will reject it. In other words, this is the whole point of hypnotic language patterns.

2) These tapes are based on the techniques of Milton H.Erickson - considered by many to be the father of modern hypnotherapy. To get a good grounding in the patterns that Paul is using, 3 books come to mind:

_Trance-Formations_,and _The Hypnotic Patterns of Milton H. Erickson, M.D.,Volumes 1 and 2_, by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. I'm sure there are more out there, these are just the ones have experience with.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Mike

OP Offline

Thanks for the reply. Your first point really hit me as valid. I've long felt that the reason so many "subliminal" tapes don't show good results for everyone is that each person has different unconscious associated feelings and memories with the words used and therefore has varying degrees of response. Some phrases will really click, others might even have a negative reaction.

Anyway, by making my own tapes perhaps I can phrase suggestions that "click" with my subconscious. I will add that I'm not making the suggestions very specific in content, they are still pretty general. Its the overall focus that is more specific. Probably along the same lines as Ideal Weight or Smoke-Free.

So far I've been having a blast writing down the suggestions. Its a truly creative event and very satisfying. An opportunity to finally tell my deep mind what I've always wanted to be. . .

Hi: There's a guy in San Juan, Puerto Rico, that prepares a garbled CD-ROM with your own voice to reprogram your amygdalas. The reason some subliminal tapes might not work well could very well be that the subconscious recognizes your voice and accepts reprogramming if you are following certain rules obediently. This guy sells CD-ROM's to get you into Alpha, Theta, and Delta easily, besides your own reprogramming CD. Costs: Reprogramming CD--$125; other CD's--$15 each. You have to be at his office to do a reprogramming CD, your opportunity to visit Puerto Rico and get it done. His address: psicosonia@caribe.net
His name: Alejandro Jose (787)728-5372
Fax (787)726-5507
The personal CD covers: Self-esteem; Health;
Productivity/Prosperity; Personal Relationships. Tell him Antonio Granados (Photoreader) referred you. I don't know if he speaks English, but don't let that hold you back, others in his office might. An e-mail or fax might be better than a call if there's a language barrier. Good Luck, Antonio

I have a number of paraliminal tapes and would like to know how to convert them from my walkman into files on my HP Omnibook laptop. What software do I need to separate the content into three separate parts so that I can repeat the "meat" portion over and over again? If I can convert them into mp3 files, I can listen to the tapes instead of Mozart during the day.

Hi Harmony,

I basically answered your question in this thread:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000204.html

Hi MikeB,

Thanks for your reply. I will try this out. Do you know if I can get the stereo patch cable at Walmart or Target?

Harmony

quote:
Originally posted by MikeB:
Hi Harmony,

I basically answered your question in this thread:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000204.html

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved