Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hey can you really use direct learning for something like self-hypnosis? Or is that something that is better off being just learned? Can you learn how to do it by reading the books and then maybe use direct learning to get a certain skill about it? Would your conscious understanding from the books get in the way?

Administrator
Administrator

Seeing you have already learnt to enter ALS mind focus. And I understand you have the Genius Code... you will have experienced a form of self hypnosis. You already have some conscious experience with it so you quite probably will be very successful with direct learning. Well worth having a go at.

Alex

OP Offline

No, but my question was that for something like this it doesnt seem like you really could use direct learning for it because its a process and requires understanding to do it. Also, I found this one "self hypnosis" online that was essentially image streaming. Wasnt really anything about suggestion in it.

Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't bet on it. Someone had to use their mind to create a method of self hypnosis anyway and by direct learning you develop/create the method that works best for you.

Alex

Direct Learning seems to be distinct from self-hypnosis. Self-hypnosis is a very complicated topic. For instructions that work I'd suggesst regular learning. Also, formulating a script and suggestions is usefull as one learns about the process. Image-streaming is not synonomous with self-hypnosis. For me they are qualitatively different states. In fact, I find self-hypnosis usefull for developing imaging abilities which makes image-streaming more interesting.
I would suggest checking out a book on hypnosis from your library. Knowing the basics of hypnosis leads one to the understanding that heterohypnosis is essentially a guided form of self-hypnosis. From my experience one doesn't need a hypnotherapist to learn self-hypnosis; however, at some point I plan to visit a professional hypnotherapist just so I can test my assumption.
K.Olafsson

Administrator
Administrator

Through Direct Learning you do learn the processes. Not only that you'll be able to devise a Self Hypnosis technique that suits you individually. You get all the information from the books and intergrate them. Naturally this gives you the best of all worlds and all techniques. Like usually I recommend something like 20 books the more books you use for the project the better. Once one has a basic knowledge of the subject direct learning will make it a breeze. Moreover if any of the books do contain really powerful information your inner mind will direct you to activate that particular book more fully.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited February 06, 2003).]

Here's a URL with suggestability tests. You can use them as a rough guide of your progress in direct learning self-hypnosis. I've done enough non-textual learning with the subject to have it be almost funny. "One.. my eyelids are becoming very heavy" *SLAM*.

I once was hypnotized by Bandler while reading a book. He was talking about polarity responders in Trance-Formation, and when I got to the part that said "DON'T close your eyes," *SLAM*.

Self-hypnosis is weird because you expect to feel weird and/or have immediate results. The truth of the matter is, you won't feel too much different unless you make a direct suggestion (e.g. the "Deep Relaxation" paraliminal), and you won't see a direct result, although you can completely change, add, or leave behind a behavior in about three weeks.

For the record, paraliminal tapes are non-hypnotic*. In fact, they are antihypnotic in nature. However, the movement from an external to an internal state of awareness, plus the experience of hearing at an other-than-conscious level, will aid one in self-hypnosis.

*(Rapid Reading Made E-Z, page 155).

Kaiden, you wrote:

"I once was hypnotized by Bandler while reading a book. He was talking about polarity responders in Trance-Formation, and when I got to the part that said "DON'T close your eyes," *SLAM*."

Which brings up the question of Photoreading Bandler books. There are numerous messages in Bandler's writing you your subconscious mind. Would PR'ing get those messages where they will do you good? If so, do you need to activate those kinds of books?

Thanks for your help

The only time I've PhotoRead anything by Bandler was part of a syntopic read. I actually did -no- activation of that pile, due to the high amount of spontaneous activation. It appears that once a critical mass is reached, spontaneous activation becomes inevitable. In my case, I think I read somewhere around 18 books in one sitting. Maybe a bit less, but definately more than 12. If you can, just get lots and lots of books on NLP, and make sure a great many of them are by Bandler and Grinder. Do the steps of Syntopic reading. Be ready to activte, though.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved