Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

Hi, I purchased the photoreading product yesterday(Sunday). Before I get this product by tomorrow, I just have a few questions in advance. Will you guys please help me out?

1)I know that reading is the most essential requirement to survive in schools(Like high school and college and many other workplaces). I am planning to take many AP exams this year in order to get college credits. Can this product help my SATs and APs both long range study and short range studies to prepare these tests? You know AP exams are about 3 months away from now. Can I do well on more than 14 AP exams if I start from tomorrow?

2) How about textbook(I am talking about Math and science field) reading? I am sure it will boost fiction reading skill. Is it possible to comprehend faster if I use this product?

3) I heard someone said that the tapes are gonna take about 12 hours to finish the self-course. If I study these tapes in 3 to 4 days, will it help me somehow? Or, should I take time like 2-3weeks to get the better reading result?

4) Honestly, my mother has been discouraging me VERY MUCH buying this becuase she said there is no shortcut in studying. Shall I believe that or shall I have confidance that Photoreading will truly work? (By the way I have been in America for 5 years, my english skill has been plateau because my reading speed has been 150-250 words mer minutes. I asked my mother so many times and she finally and reluctantly accepted my idea. phew~)

Thank you for concerning my problem and I really hope this product will boost my AP and SAT grades and my reading because otherwise my mother will reemphasize that there is no shortcut in studying.

Don't be misguided, but do stay curious about things. My recommendation is to read through the PR book first, then buy the course if PR sounds like something you can do. ONCE you start PR, don't expect excellence the next day nor work at it REAL hard and practice it so that you can get it. Play with the system and learn ALL the steps because I been told many times that I lack to do some steps correctly. I am sure your mom is very smart and from her perspective, studying has no shortcuts. But that's HER system of beliefs, PR will and can build a WHOLE new idea to the way information is synethized by your brain. Again, this system is very fun and playful, but do not think it's a GOD tool which you can study for 14 AP exams AND the SAT and get perfect score on each. (The AP exam is designed to simulate a college course in which crediting you College hours. There is bound to be some people on the College board that knows how to PR. The classes are designed to be a semester or 2 semester course which fully covers all aspects of the course. Don't think PR will automatically learn the exams for you; "YOU HAVE TO DO THE WORK FOR YOURSELF" from a Friend -or so I was told by a wiseman.)

Chang Liu

day1 of truth?

I agree with Chang and I want to emphasize that the playful aspects of PR are essential. Basically anyone can learn to read faster by reading intelligently, but one still has to work. I recommend that you have faith in your own abilities and the proper motivation to succeed, first, before you set any sort of dependance on PR for taking 14 AP exams-- that's a lot. PRing will help you, sometimes obviously, at other times it just may be subtler insights, more specific memory.

OP Offline

Thank you very much for the tips. Yeah, I know what you guys say but I don't mean that I am gonna slack off my reading after I master the Photoreading. You know I am willing to take as many APs as possible so that I can save both time and money in college. 14 APs are tentative. If I under stand well on those AP subjects I am planning to take, then I will take more, but if I don't then, obviously I will reduce. I have been working for AP studies for 10-15 hours a day, and I become dead tired by Friday and Saturday. I even reduced my sleeping time from 6 hours to 4-5 hours. I hope Photoreading can boost my speed and comprehension so that I can have more breaks and rests. I am willing to work hard but I dont wanna work like a slave in a death camp. Ok, I understand that this is not like a magic overnight. So how long did it take you guys to approach both speed about 1000-1500 wpm and high comprehension from the day you bought the photoreading? Thank you for the replying

1000-1500wpm? WPM doesn't matter in the system. Reading is newly defined. You are over working for APs, I admire your effort, but the game of life requires efficiency. 1000-1500wpm I got after a week working with Speed reading. I don't know how you want to approach understanding the material for 14 AP tests. If you read at 200-300wpm, I'd say your are relatively beginner reader. From all the APs that you plan to do, I would stop with such high goals at this moment. Boost your regular reading skills, see which system works better (Speed reading or PR). Then pursue your goal. I say this coming from a speed reading perspective, PR is better just playing with the system. I read at 1200wpm with 91% comp and 2640wpm with 71%. But I don't concider myself a good reader and I am definitely not up to the goal of 14 AP tests even with PR. What grade are you in by the way?

Chang Liu dropped you a big hint in his most recent reply. He mentions that you can purchase the book first. Everything you need to actually learn the Whole Mind Photoreading System is contained within the Photoreading book. It only costs about $15, probably cheaper if you buy a used version from an online bookstore such as amazon.com or e-bay. Personally, I've been Photoreading for a month. I have only possessed the course for 3 weeks; but with all the insightful information available on this discussion board I invested my first week simply learning here. So there's no need to feel rushed to order the course because there are many excellent threads that can provide you with the necessary info. Sifting through the discussion board is a great way to get a feel for this product.

I realized you already purchased the course. My main point was that there is a plethora of knowledge that exists on this forum. Don't hesistate to ask for help.

Very true and good point. The Forums is like cyber meeting of all PR around the world which is given as a tool for PR customers. This is about the BEST tool besides coaches that LSC offers on this course. Ask and we will give help while we all learn PR together. The course is to sum up the book and put it into good use. Like a math book, the HW problems are demonstrating the examples and the theories in usage to further your understanding.

Administrator
Administrator

klizark007

Each side ot the tapes will take you 20 to 45 minutes (do the exercises before going onto the next tape). Once through the course you'll be able to get through your reading material in 1/3 the time it takes you now. You will also have photoread and activated 3 books (thats why it takes approximately 12 hours).

Photoreading isn't about speed reading it is about getting the information you need from a book in the time you have available. Getting to the core of the information that you are seeking.

As you do the course (and do the exercises) you will discover that it also teaches some very useful study skills.

EG. Setting time limits with breaks, mind mapping and layering. These things may not mean much now but once through the course you will see the benefits.

Use the memory supercharger regularly (daily for while learning the system.) It is also a valuable aid to your studies.

If you "don't get it" after doing any of the exercises on the tape. Return to the tape, Paul usually explains what you might just have experienced. Even then if you are not sure, keep going and continue with the next tape. They build the system and you can return to any tape to explore it further when you have finished the initial pass. The concept of layering applies to the course too.

You can get through the tapes in 2 days if you allow yourself a few hours to work on it. Recommended is tapes 1 to 4 one day and 5 to 8 the next. However go easy on yourself. Even at a slower rate you can apply what you learn from the first 4 tapes to your studies immediately and notice the benefits.

Can Photoreading help you get your studying done in less time? Yes

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited February 10, 2003).]

OP Offline

then what is the main difference between speedreading and photoreading? They sounds very similar. As far as I know, I heard that photoreading can be more analytical in depth of knowledge than speedreading. So what is the difference? Oh, I am 12th grade in high school. I wanna do well on AP exam since it is my last year of high school and I believe it is my last chance to take AP exams in my life.

P.S: I ordered the photoreading at 10:00PM Pacific time with UPS Second-Day shipping. Will the product arrive my house today or tomorrow? I am anxious to start as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved