Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34942 02/13/03 11:03 PM
Quang Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Photoreaders,

I am considering purchasing the photoreading home course and I believe that I will make a right decision. Reading your posts, I have received a great deal of valuable information on how the system work. That said, to reach the final decision, I would highly appreciate if you could give me advice on the following:

1. What are the main differences between Photoreading and the Mental (Subliminal) Phography Course? I purchased the mental photography in 2000 and then return it after two months. Among other things, I guess I need a bit longer to get the benefit. Anyway, It seems to me that the two courses have the same principal foundations.

2. What are the main advantages of taking the home course instead of buying the book and doing on our own?

3. I am a graduate student in Economics; thus, the readings are very technical oriented. They are almost like math materials. As such, do you think Photoreading will be the most optimal reading strategy?

Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Quang.

#34943 02/14/03 12:01 AM

1) I don't know the other system so I can't tell you the difference. However, it's nice to see you are comfortable returning the material. With a simple phone call you can get LSC to extend the trial period to six months, and I would suggest you do this.

2) Both formats have all of the information you need to master the system. The course is more hand holding and has some confidence building exercises. Many people who post seem to feel they are missing something by not having the course. So one main advantage would be acquiring greater confidence, and this is important for the system. The reason I bought the course is because I thought it would be faster than reading the book, and the cost wasn't too prohibitive.

3)I think that you will find the PhotoReading Whole Mind System (PWMS) very valuable for reading Economics material.

I wish you well in whatever path you travel in the future.

Iam2

#34944 02/14/03 04:32 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Manual activation is taught in the photoreading course. In this way the information comes to the conscious mind faster and more reliably. That is once you start activating you understand what you photoread consciously as well. To the same or better level of conscious comprehension that you gain from regular reading and in 1/3 the time and less than it takes for regular reading.

Alex

#34945 02/14/03 07:05 AM
Quang Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear all,

Thanks for your wonderful advices. I just come up with another question. Do you think that it will be a bit harder for pepole who have been using traditional methods of reading for many years to master the PR. I guess my question is if the more years of schooling we have, the more difficult to be proficient at PR.

All the best,

Quang

#34946 02/14/03 11:21 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Search the forum and you'll find that the age of the people who learnt to use the photoreading system range from 13 to 60+ and you are never too old to learn.

Alex

#34947 02/14/03 11:40 AM

Not everyone on this forum is a teenager. I'm in my early 40's. I know the other two in Ottawa are about my age. I recall some of the others around here are even older.

So old dogs can learn new tricks. In fact I would say that you Have to learn traditional reading skills before you learn PWMS. I'm waiting for my children to grow and develop reading skills before trying to teach them. I'm thinking I'll teach my oldest in about 4 years from now.

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited February 14, 2003).]

#34948 02/17/03 06:30 AM

There's a number of threads on the differences between PhotoReading and Mental Photography. The biggest difference, as far as I can see, is that Mental Photography places a huge amount of importance on spontanious activation. PhotoReading mentions the possibility, and teaches the use of Direct Learning to enhance skills, but the real emphesis is on manual activation.

The real difference, according to LSC, is not in the application but in the theory behind the two methods. To quote Paul Scheele on the subject "The key is not subliminal perception. The key is the brain's capacity for preconscious processing. I've spent my years developing a protocol to capture this capacity and put it reliably in the hands of our clients."

I buy Paul Scheele's statement, both figuratively and literally, due not only to my success in reading but also in my increases in precognative awareness. By precognition, I don't mean anything supernatural, but rather "knowing before you know you know." The example Paul Scheele gives in the PhotoReading tapes is the use of reading the daily newspaper. Because todays news stories often start yesterday and continue tomorrow, PhotoReading the daily paper allows one to anticipate events.

I don't know enough about Mental Photography to poo-poo the system, but I do know enough about their advertising claims to say that their attacks on PhotoReading say far more about themselves than about Learning Strategies Corporation.

#34949 02/20/03 10:49 PM
Quang Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear all,

Thanks so much for your wonderful advices. They help me a lot to gain confidence in learning and applying the PR system. As a matter of truth, I have ordered the PR home course on last Friday and thus PR will reach me soon. I am still in the process of figuring out the most optimal way of learning the course. As such,I would highly appreciate if you could give me advice on the following:

1. Being a graduate student in Economics, my reading is very much technical oriented. Thus, I think that it may take sometime for me to adapt to new way of reading. Also, I am kinda busy this semester. As such, do you think it is a good idea for me to wait until the summer when I have more time and some preparion for PR's approach to reading?

2. I am planning to get used with the PR system by applying some PR techniques to my current study. Additionally, I am going to learn some portions of the PR system such as how to turn the pages, the tangerine technique and so on. As such, which techniques should I learn now so that I can apply them to my study and at the same time I can get best prepared for officially studying the PR system in summer?

Thank you for your kind assistance in this matter.

Have A Wonderful Day!

Quang.

[This message has been edited by Quang (edited February 20, 2003).]

#34950 02/21/03 12:55 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Do the course in full. Start by reading the book as instructed in the front cover. Then work your way through the tapes doing each of the instructions. It takes 20 to 45 minutes (max) to listen and do the exercises on each of the tapes. By the last tape you will have experienced the full course and will be able to put it fully to use.

I am watching someone using the Photoreading System for his Econimics studies and he is having a great time with it. Pleased to be covering much more information than his old method of studies. It's unnecessary to apply limitations to what you can used the Photoreading system for. Learn it first then apply it.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved